PDA

View Full Version : do i need to give notice

chris goodyear
13-03-2016, 08:19 PM
I said I'd let you know the outcome of my previous post so here it is. I checked my attendance book and the child had been with me for 2 days in January, nothing in February and nothing so far this month. The thing is I get no phone call/text to say she isn't coming so rather annoying to say the least! So I phoned my FIS team as she is a 2 year old funded child and I was asked for her name - I felt bad as I felt I was reporting her! The lady I spoke to said she would look into it. Well not 15 minutes later the mum called and said the council had phoned her and she got my number from them as she didn't have it so couldn't get in touch before! I've had the girl for a year so that was a porky! Also my daughter who is my assistant had given her number as they are both on whats app which helps when mum runs out of credit. She said she would bring her again on her set days even though she had given up her job so the next morning I was quite confident she would turn up - she did - 1 hour late with no message to say she would be - grrr! So I'll carry on with her but won't be waiting in if we have to go out and I won't be stressing about it either any more. Some times it's not worth banging your head against a hard surface!

sarah707
13-03-2016, 09:58 PM
If the child doesn't attend your LA are within their rights to take back any funding they have already paid from you ... you need to be aware of that :/

chris goodyear
13-03-2016, 10:19 PM
Yes Sarah I am aware that could happen. I've had a couple of conversations about it and was told if the child has set days and hours and doesn't use them they are lost to the parent and no mention of me refunding the money. But I'm not spending it just yet just in case.