PDA

View Full Version : Submitting SEF Question

Mouse
10-03-2016, 08:38 PM
WHat's the difference between the current saved form and the last submitted form?

I've submitted my new form today, but can now only print it. The previous form I submitted a while ago is showing as the current saved form and that's the only one I could now edit.

loocyloo
10-03-2016, 08:55 PM
I've got no idea! sorry!

when I logged on to my SEF .... the only one showing was the one I edited (last submitted) and could then print. this will be what I edit next time.

if you have put another SEF on, then maybe you can edit both? hopefully someone else knows the answer!

Simona
11-03-2016, 09:30 AM
There have been minor changes to the SEF which I believe Ofsted have informed users of.

If you are experiencing problems ring the Ofsted Helpline who will then inform the IT team on any difficulties providers are experiencing

mumofone
11-03-2016, 09:44 AM
There have been minor changes to the SEF which I believe Ofsted have informed users of. If you are experiencing problems ring the Ofsted Helpline who will then inform the IT team on any difficulties providers are experiencing

What are those minor changes? I've not been informed of anything...

Simona
11-03-2016, 09:55 AM
I would subscribe to Ofsted e-newsletter and you get all the information in your inbox
You can also check the Ofsted website for the latest news....there have been several updated publications recently.

The changes to SEF took place recently and I think everyone knew about them
If anyone has a problem related to IT... then it needs to be reported to Ofsted who will help to sort it out.

singingcactus
11-03-2016, 11:58 AM
mumofone, this might get you some updates. Unfortunately in the time I have been signed up nothing has come through for me, although it apparently should have. https://www.gov.uk/government/announcements?departments%5B%5D=ofsted . I can't find a link or any information regarding an e newsletter though. If I manage to I will pass you the link.

BallyH
11-03-2016, 12:11 PM
WHat's the difference between the current saved form and the last submitted form?

I've submitted my new form today, but can now only print it. The previous form I submitted a while ago is showing as the current saved form and that's the only one I could now edit.

I'm confused Mouse . I've always updated/edited just one form. I never typed it as a word document and then 'transferred' it over. I went on the Ofsted sef site continuously adding little bits and pieces and then would 'save' and 'submit' and occasionally 'print'. A while back all the headings changed and I had to 'go in' to my document and amend areas that Ofsted had moved chunks of wording around but that is the only changes I'm aware of. Sorry I can't be more help.

Mouse
11-03-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm confused Mouse . I've always updated/edited just one form. I never typed it as a word document and then 'transferred' it over. I went on the Ofsted sef site continuously adding little bits and pieces and then would 'save' and 'submit' and occasionally 'print'. A while back all the headings changed and I had to 'go in' to my document and amend areas that Ofsted had moved chunks of wording around but that is the only changes I'm aware of. Sorry I can't be more help.

It made me wonder whether I should have edited the old form rather than starting a new one, so I went through and re-entered all the info as an edit to the old one (thank goodness for copy and paste!)

I haven't a clue what I was supposed to do, but at least now both the saved forms and the submitted forms are the same! I was just a bit concerned that an inspector would read the old one not the new one!

It's all a load of waffly rubbish anyway but I was so relieved to get it done!

Mouse
11-03-2016, 12:52 PM
There have been minor changes to the SEF which I believe Ofsted have informed users of.

If you are experiencing problems ring the Ofsted Helpline who will then inform the IT team on any difficulties providers are experiencing

It wasn't a problem as such that I had, it just confused me a bit and I didn't think it was explained very well. I have emailed Ofsted anyway to make sure I've done the right thing.

BallyH
11-03-2016, 06:21 PM
It made me wonder whether I should have edited the old form rather than starting a new one, so I went through and re-entered all the info as an edit to the old one (thank goodness for copy and paste!)

I haven't a clue what I was supposed to do, but at least now both the saved forms and the submitted forms are the same! I was just a bit concerned that an inspector would read the old one not the new one!

It's all a load of waffly rubbish anyway but I was so relieved to get it done!

When the inspector called me to arrange the visit I asked her to please read my sef as I had put a lot of work into it. She said she would and that she was looking at it 'now' and was it correct that the last time I updated it was September 2015? No, no, no. I had been continually updating it as I knew the inspection was getting closer and the last update was approximately 3 days before her phone call which was 15/1/16. So it may be worth checking that your inspector is also looking at your most recent edited copy when they phone you. And yes it's a great feeling to have 'finished it' - but we both know it's a document that will never be finished.

Mouse
11-03-2016, 09:51 PM
And yes it's a great feeling to have 'finished it' - but we both know it's a document that will never be finished.

Definitely! I've already added extra bits today that I'd forgotten to put in yesterday. I pity the poor inspector who has got to read it and try to interpret it!

mumofone
11-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Someone said (maybe moggy?) that they don't accept certain things like certain formatting but I can't recall what, does anyone know?

Simona
12-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Singingcactus...it maybe you have not subscribed to the Ofsted e-newsletter but let me reassure you it does exist and many members here will know about it.

If you subscribe the updates arrive 'regularly' by email ...you choose which news you wish to receive. You need to give your email and a password...give it a try

If anyone has a problem with the technical side of the SEF I doubt very much anyone here can help
Mumofone...the answer to your question will be on the SEF explanatory notes on how to use it ...you can always a call Ofsted to make sure

Although there have been changes to the information we put in the SEF due to CIF the Save and Edit buttons still have the same previous function ...that has not changed
Hope you get a clarification Mouse.

singingcactus
13-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Singingcactus...it maybe you have not subscribed to the Ofsted e-newsletter but let me reassure you it does exist and many members here will know about it.

If you subscribe the updates arrive 'regularly' by email ...you choose which news you wish to receive. You need to give your email and a password...give it a try

:laughing: Yes I realise I need to subscribe with email address and password, I have done so :) I simply have not yet received any updates, although I am subscribed to receive them immediately.
And I am sure everyone on the forum has heard of the emails, just as I am sure someone will go ahead and help those who are unable to find the correct webpage by maybe posting a link. Have no fear, I doubt nothing you say lol, I am simply not as amazing at finding everything as you are.

Louise_Oaktree
15-03-2016, 04:40 PM
I think from experience you can save your SEF as you go along, but that it is only submitted to Ofsted when you click on submit.......does this help at all?

BallyH
15-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Someone said (maybe moggy?) that they don't accept certain things like certain formatting but I can't recall what, does anyone know?

I do remember someone saying something about certain formatting but as I've got limited keyboard knowledge and skills I didn't investigate further. So what I'm trying to say is I completed mine online, updated snippets regularly, saved and submitted every time and the Inspector didn't comment on it's presentation just the contents.

Louise_Oaktree
18-03-2016, 05:32 PM
I cut and paste from a word document but it doesn't copy the font or formatting.