PDA

View Full Version : leaver within settling in period

crumpet54
10-03-2016, 10:02 AM
I've got a 10 month old settling in period finishes on mon14th, mum to last night and said dad was struggling to find a job so we don't need you anymore,
I am so frustrated I turned away 2 families at the weekend as it would clash with this mindee aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!
Contacted them both and they have both found alternative childcare now, typical!

My question is with the leaver what kind of paperwork is required? Shall I do a parent feedback /questionnaire? To cover my back in case ofsted question why he only stayed just under 4 weeks?

If I'm honest I think I am relieved because this 10 month old wasn't ideal really, he comes at 7-10, dad drops him off and collects (wakes him as he usually sleeps in till 8 which means he is grumpy ) it is only shift work so not regular days each week, and it restricts us from going to toddler groups that start at 9.30 etc. And I feel he was blocking a space really... I got to look at the positives!

FussyElmo
10-03-2016, 10:42 AM
I've got a 10 month old settling in period finishes on mon14th, mum to last night and said dad was struggling to find a job so we don't need you anymore,
I am so frustrated I turned away 2 families at the weekend as it would clash with this mindee aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!
Contacted them both and they have both found alternative childcare now, typical!

My question is with the leaver what kind of paperwork is required? Shall I do a parent feedback /questionnaire? To cover my back in case ofsted question why he only stayed just under 4 weeks?

If I'm honest I think I am relieved because this 10 month old wasn't ideal really, he comes at 7-10, dad drops him off and collects (wakes him as he usually sleeps in till 8 which means he is grumpy ) it is only shift work so not regular days each week, and it restricts us from going to toddler groups that start at 9.30 etc. And I feel he was blocking a space really... I got to look at the positives!

Ofsted are only interested in why contracts have finished if the parents make a complaint. They have no interest in ex mindees.

Howeever nothing wrong in asking for feedback etc

crumpet54
10-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Ofsted are only interested in why contracts have finished if the parents make a complaint. They have no interest in ex mindees.

Howeever nothing wrong in asking for feedback etc

Thanks that's what I thought , thanks

rickysmiths
10-03-2016, 04:26 PM
I hope you took a Deposit which they now loose.

alex__17
10-03-2016, 06:38 PM
I ask all my leavers for a review for childcare.co.uk, even for s short term contract a good review can do the world of good, I only considered childminders with good reviews when I was looking and it makes you stand out more :-)
Worth keeping things amicable for that

crumpet54
12-03-2016, 11:02 AM
I ask all my leavers for a review for childcare.co.uk, even for s short term contract a good review can do the world of good, I only considered childminders with good reviews when I was looking and it makes you stand out more :-)
Worth keeping things amicable for that

Thanks, I've asked mum and she's not on there, she's only on n e t mums (which is where she found my ad so I'll ask her for a review.
Oh yes it's definitely amicable, it's just one of those things, she has a lot going on.

And no i didn't take a deposit. .........
But I definitely will the next family i take on!
Plus I won't take another shift worker or 7am start
So hey its been a learning curve for me!