PDA

View Full Version : When should I let child return?

Tippy Toes
07-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Hi all

I had to call a parent this morning to pick a little one up who had been sick several times within the space of an hour.

My policy states 48hr exclusion after last bout of sickness.

Parent has informed me child has not been sick since she had picked her up from me.

When should I allow child to return?
Many thanks x

Jessymax
07-03-2016, 09:10 PM
48 hours after she was last sick with you

AliceK
08-03-2016, 02:33 PM
I don't care whether a child has been sick once or ten times my exclusion is the same - 48 hrs since last sick. Stick to your policies otherwise you could get in trouble with environmental health on this one.

xx

hectors house
11-03-2016, 04:40 PM
I have only once had to phone a parent to collect child who had been sick - I enjoyed finishing early and was able to go shopping where I was surprised to see the poorly child with mum and gran, they told me he hadn't been sick again and seemed fine - I bumped into them a couple of aisles later - child was looking very green and had thrown up all over shopping in the trolley.

BallyH
11-03-2016, 06:05 PM
I have only once had to phone a parent to collect child who had been sick - I enjoyed finishing early and was able to go shopping where I was surprised to see the poorly child with mum and gran, they told me he hadn't been sick again and seemed fine - I bumped into them a couple of aisles later - child was looking very green and had thrown up all over shopping in the trolley.

I've just laughed - oops is that wrong?

tess1981
12-03-2016, 08:47 AM

Maybe they should have listened to you!!!