PDA

View Full Version : Pop up Travel cots

Sez1980
06-03-2016, 11:12 AM
I was just wondering if any one uses the pop up travel cots for childminding or would the proper travel cot be best
Thanks for any advice x

Mouse
06-03-2016, 11:44 AM
It totally depends on the child. I've got the bigger one and the one for babies.

I have used the bigger one for some children, but I have others who would just keep getting out so I know it would be no good for them. More than anything I tend to use them in the garden. I've put babies in the bigger pop up one as it means they can lie and play and have some shade from the sun. I've also taken the baby one to toddler group so I can lie a baby in it rather than have them on the floor. I don't ever zip them up as I think it's too much like putting them in a cage!

From experience I would say you're probably better off starting with a proper travel cot.

clareelizabeth1
06-03-2016, 10:36 PM
I find pop up ones a little to flimsy. I use the phil n teds one which is the next best after pop up goes up easily and fits in to a really small bag. Although i just take the legs off n slip it behind a unit as i find its really flat and easy to spirit away like that. It says up to 3 years but my niece still uses it when she sleeps over as we have nowhere else to put her and she is 4.

alex__17
07-03-2016, 07:02 AM
I'm yet to manage to get a child to sleep in a normal travel cot...find them so creaky the child wakes up, although maybe I've been unlucky with the 2 I've had!

rickysmiths
07-03-2016, 11:37 AM
I have always slept up to 3s in Travel cots with no problem. Then when they are out of nappies they sleep on sleeping mats or the sofa bed in the playroom.