PDA

View Full Version : Matchbox cars

mumofone
05-03-2016, 07:47 PM
I bought some £1 shop versions of these but the wheels fell off shortly after the kids starting playing with them (nice choking hazard there!!). Is the only way forward to buy proper matchbox branded cars, what do you all do? Thanks :-)

Mouse
05-03-2016, 08:12 PM
I've found you do get what you pay for with toy cars and I won't buy cheap ones as the wheels do come off too easily. You're better of spending more and getting better quality ones. There are other brands as well as Matchbox, so they don't just have to be those. I know they usually come in a box so it's hard to see how good they are, but just by looking you can usually see if they're likely to be too flimsy.

The good quality ones do last well so it is worth paying more.

BallyH
05-03-2016, 08:43 PM
Boot sales and charity shops are a good place to start. Could be expensive if you start buying new if you want a big collection.

kellib
05-03-2016, 09:15 PM
eBay is a good place too, I used to get loads of cars and trains on there for my son

Maza
05-03-2016, 09:23 PM
I was also going to suggest charity shops/second hand ones. The better brands last for years.

alex__17
06-03-2016, 07:08 AM
I have loads my parents kept in the garage from when I was a child, so lasted a good 30+ years! My son has also been bought a few, and I think the little tesco ones have lasted well, I find sainsburys ones fall apart quickly unfortunately

FloraDora
06-03-2016, 07:32 AM
I am using matchbox cars that my own sons had 27 years ago.

I also have 6 that I bought from Aldi 2 years ago that are fine too.

I noticed that poundland are selling matchbox cars for £1 yesterday.