PDA

View Full Version : Medical play case

mumofone
03-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Does anyone have a nice Childrens doctors kit they could recommend me please?

blue bear
04-03-2016, 07:30 AM
You are better off using out of date bandages, buying a stethoscope, pen torch , syringes etc off amazon or eBay (real ones) you can get them reasonably priced , they last longer and are more realistic in my opinion. I gave up on toy medical kits.

Jessymax
04-03-2016, 07:32 AM
hi I got one from b and m home bargains very reasonable and the kids and babies LOVE it x.. will let u know how long it lasts

mama2three
04-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Agree with blue bear , wherever possible use the real thing. real stethoscopes are only about £3 on ebay!

BallyH
04-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Also agree with blue bear. Some time ago I picked up a plastic green medics box (empty with a big white cross on the front) in a Pound shop and they pile all the stuff in there. I did start with a plastic toy kit but most bits are broken now. I also regularly buy cheap bandages and plasters as that is what they play with most.

Mouse
04-03-2016, 10:26 AM
I've got a lovely wooden set that I have topped up with bandages and a real stethoscope.

Mouse
04-03-2016, 10:29 AM
You are better off using out of date bandages, buying a stethoscope, pen torch , syringes etc off amazon or eBay (real ones) you can get them reasonably priced , they last longer and are more realistic in my opinion. I gave up on toy medical kits.

I agree with using real equipment, but I don't think I'd let the children play with real syringes. I know they won't have the needles in them, but I wouldn't want them thinking they were something to play with.

Jessymax
04-03-2016, 10:43 AM
I agree with mouse

alex__17
04-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Wow didn't realise you could get real stethoscope for so little, I'll be ordering a couple

FloraDora
05-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Just after Christmas when I hadn't brought back down from the loft all my resources, which included the medical box I found LO's in the created home corner playing doctors with - cutlery for instruments, tea towels and table cloth for bandages, the bed was a hospital bed, pieces of wooden fruit were ice packs, jugs were being used to give injections, they were wearing aprons........
The best medical play I have ever seen them involved in and not one bit of 'medical' equipment to be seen!

mumofone
05-03-2016, 04:31 PM

With a stethoscope is there any risk with the cord to little ones dyou think?

bunyip
05-03-2016, 09:42 PM
With a stethoscope is there any risk with the cord to little ones dyou think?

This could be covered with adequate supervision.