PDA

View Full Version : Childcare Register Questions -

mumofone
29-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Ive read some reports recently that say that a childminder is not meeting the requirements of the childcare register because they -

(a) "do not have a written statement of procedures to be followed for the protection of children, intended to safeguard the children being cared for" - is this not covered by our safeguarding policy or is there something else I should do???

(b) keep a written statement of procedures to be followed for any complaints" - Is this not just our complaints policy or should I be doing something else here too???

Thanks!

moggy
01-03-2016, 07:52 AM
Yes, that is your safeguarding policy and your complaints policy.

mumofone
01-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Yes, that is your safeguarding policy and your complaints policy.

Phew! Thank you! I just wondered how anyone got to the stage of being inspected without these 2 policies in place and wanted to make sure it's not me!!!

moggy
01-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Phew! Thank you! I just wondered how anyone got to the stage of being inspected without these 2 policies in place and wanted to make sure it's not me!!!

I know someone who got 'requires improvements' because they couldn't show a written safeguarding policy on the day of the inspection. It certainly happens. I know of 2 who got 'requires improvements' because their first aid had expired.

Simona
02-03-2016, 08:12 AM
There is a difference between a complaint policy and a complaint procedure for your setting which you must have clear in your policy...
you should also have a complaints log in your EYFS file clearly explaining what happens when a parent complains to you about something or just asks for improvement in your practice...time scale and outcomes.

mumofone
02-03-2016, 08:22 AM
There is a difference between a complaint policy and a complaint procedure for your setting which you must have clear in your policy... you should also have a complaints log in your EYFS file clearly explaining what happens when a parent complains to you about something or just asks for improvement in your practice...time scale and outcomes.

Hi simona I have a complaints log.

Please could you explain more about the complaints procedure and complaints policy - mine says complaints policy and says what I would do in the event of a complaint

Simona
02-03-2016, 08:32 AM
If you are able to look at some 'sample policy' for complaints it should explain your procedures when a complaint is raised...whether you investigate or Ofsted....time you allow for this, outcomes and what you intend to improve.

Whatever the outcomes you can then reflect this in your CPPD and SEF.

Sorry to add a bit...while it may be useful to read others' inspection reports and the recommendations
it is also very useful to look at what the provider did well and got good grades for

it will inspire to reflect on policy rather that worry at what others did wrong...personally I think it causes a lot of confusion...look at the positive not the negatives :thumbsup: