PDA

View Full Version : emailing request for variation!

butterfly
07-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Well i emailed my urgent variation request last night only to find a reply arriving at 5.30pm stating that because i hadn't scanned in my signature they wouldn't be able to process it! I didn't bother to faff about with the scanner then as I posted the same request in writing this morning so hopefully they will receive it tomorrow. I'm going to ring them at lunchtime to see. I ideally wanted it for Monday but I just don't think that's going to happen. So unfortunate the mum didn't let me know her predicament earlier!!

Pedagog
08-08-2008, 07:04 AM
You would think they would have allowed it as long as you follow up with a written letter. It might have been quicker to send them a letter special delivery.

cloud9
08-08-2008, 07:38 AM
i did mine by e-mail (with signature) and i had my request granted by the end of the same day

sarah707
08-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Fingers crossed the Royal Mail don't let you down! :D

butterfly
08-08-2008, 12:29 PM
well no suprise really but my letter hasn't arrived with ofsted. anyway now i've emailed them again WITH signature!! lady on phone said variation could take up to 6 weeks!!! will phone again on mon and keep fingers crossed!!

chels55
09-08-2008, 08:26 AM
good luck
i just had my variation accepted, it took about 4 weeks

Angela234
09-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Good luck its handy to know you can e-mail a request

Angela

SimplyLucy
09-08-2008, 08:59 AM
I've had response On a as variation the same day as it was faxed in once. It was on a matter that covered emergency with some children that social services were going to take into care.

Ofsted said no and because of that the relative was unable to take care of the children and they had to be placed into a foster home. Was a very sad situation, but was for the best really.

Ofsted were fantastic on this occasion.