PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - Please advise

nightfawn
22-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Hello, this is my first post and unfortunately I wish it was a better one. I need some advice on my current child-minding situation.

I have been looking after a family of three for over a year now and the parents have just terminated the contract as they had heard from a friend who seen me with their children in a local park that the children weren't being adequately supervised. I can assure everyone that this wasn't the case and in my 10 years of working in childcare (private nanny then childminder) that my integrity has been called into question. I am very hurt that they took the decision without even having a conversation with me regarding this. Has anyone else ever been in such a position? I was very fond of their children and now find myself with less work and with potential in having my reputation damaged. I tried talking with the parents and they said they couldn't ignore what they had been told and the decision was final and the children would be going to a nursery.

Should I speak with the relevant people to ensure that my story is on record to protect myself? I know I have nothing to worry about deep down but it does not stop me from worrying. if someone could offer some advice I would appreciate it so much as I feel very alone at the minute with little help on this matter.

sarah707
23-02-2016, 06:46 PM
I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation x

A complaint has been made against you - so you need to write it up and keep it safely to show Ofsted that you have reflected on the complaint and resolved it.

It is a requirement that you give the results of the complaint in writing to parents within 28 days...

I hope that helps...

Maza
23-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Oh how awful for you.

Did the parents give you any details? Had their friend misinterpreted something? We all differ slightly on what 'adequate supervision' actually means, or looks like. I would be pushing the parents for details as otherwise how can you respond and reflect? I wouldn't contact the friend.

When are the children starting nursery? Do you think that maybe they have been planning on sending their children to a nursery for a while now and are possibly exaggerating what their friend saw in order to use it as an excuse to leave you?

Big hugs. x

nightfawn
25-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the responses.

Their friends completely misread the situation and I am not only hurt but now getting angry about it. I have contacted the relevant people to get my story on record and they informed me I have nothing to worry about and they hear about things like this a lot. I also found out that a grandparent has recently re located to the local area and is collecting the children from school. They told me the children were going to nursery. I can accept this but not the lies they told me and the potential to damage my reputation.

I am writing a letter to them and sending an invoice for a months pay which I am entitled to. This has been a very stressful and horrible situation