PDA

View Full Version : Persistent cough

mumofone
21-02-2016, 09:54 AM
I look after a 1 year old who seems to have a persistent cough, I don't think parents have taken then to the dr, should I press the issue? I'm not sure if it's cause for concern but if they were mine is taken them go the doc...

Jessymax
21-02-2016, 07:14 PM
just keep an eye wouldn't say its cause for concern for a cough.. are parents smokers? the time of year wont help lots of germs and snot doing the rounds I have a LO comes 2 me and constantly full of green snot is really is quite yucky I use a box of tissues a day! x

BallyH
21-02-2016, 07:18 PM
All my mindees seem to have had some degree of a cough in the last couple of months. I just keep them washing their hands. And out of 11 mindees one ended up with a chest infection and on medication so it may be worth asking parents if they should get it checked if the cough persists.

mumofone
21-02-2016, 08:36 PM
just keep an eye wouldn't say its cause for concern for a cough.. are parents smokers? the time of year wont help lots of germs and snot doing the rounds I have a LO comes 2 me and constantly full of green snot is really is quite yucky I use a box of tissues a day! x

Oh god, don't get me started on the amount of tissues I get through too!

messyplay
21-02-2016, 09:22 PM
wouldnt it be nice if parents bought a box of tissues from time to time

Kerry30
22-02-2016, 05:28 PM
I have an lo thats been with me for about a year and has had a cold and been full of snot for the whole time. But apparently its teething!!!

samb
22-02-2016, 07:45 PM
I've got a 7 yr old mindee had since November and she too has coughed the whole time, one of those where it sounds like she will cough up phlegm. I'm trying to encourage her to put her hand over her mouth but the sound is awful.

Maza
22-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Oh god, don't get me started on the amount of tissues I get through too!

I tear tissues in half, or even quarters depending on the original size, and then stuff them back in the box (unused obviously).

FloraDora
23-02-2016, 01:39 PM
I once emptied a tissue box at the end of the day and said to the LO that I would go shopping tonight to buy some more.
She told her mum that I was shopping for tissues...that led to parent thinking about how many tissues I must go through ....and she now voluntarily brings me a box of tissues ...the first time she said the LO had made her buy them when they were shopping...after that she says she saw them on special offer.
I provide wipes, tissues etc happily but it is nice that she supplements occasionally.
I do tend to buy in bulk when there are special offers on.

I half wipes though if it's just for a quick mouth wipe after lunch.