PDA

View Full Version : Childminding property insurance..

Jelly Baby
20-02-2016, 05:28 PM
As in terms for a landlord to pay for us to work from their house..Does anyone know how much this is roughly? Ive looked at a new property today to rent.
I REALLY want the house and wondered whether it was going to be a deal breaker or not?

Thanks

moggy
20-02-2016, 07:24 PM
You mean buildings insurance? It is explained here:
What is buildings insurance? - Confused.com (http://www.confused.com/home-insurance/guides/buildings-insurance)

We need to declare we are running CMing from the property, but really it should not add much if anything to the cost of buildings insurance as our CMing doesn't lead to many claims for new floors, roofs or walls.
It is just a case of getting quotes...
I have combined buildings and contents insurance for a 4-bed detached and it cost £324 p.a. But with any insurance it will depend on details like the postcode, previous claims, property age, condition and size etc.
If this is a rented property you are looking at, that 'rented' status will already have an effect on the insurance the landlord has in place.

Jelly Baby
21-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Morning moggy. Yes buildings insurance, could have probably explained it better.

Basically I have to move again and yes into rented property.

I have lived in 4 different rented properties in the last 5 years and have never had a problem with landlords allowing me to childmind..BUT this house is perfect and I really really want/need it so have a sinking feeling it's going to be for the first time a no.

I understand that if there is some sort of clause in the mortgage Ive probably got no hope but wondered if there is any way I could sell myself if it's a no for any other reason?!

What is the difference to them not being my children? The fact we pay deposits & have checks not only by agency's and ofsted means surely we are a pretty safe bet?

I've told them I'm rarely at home, that I only work 3 days & am on my own the rest of the time so fingers crossed.

Sitting on tenderhooks waiting for the phone to go now in hope.