PDA

View Full Version : Planning activity for inspection

Amanda70
19-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone, when you have planned an activity to do for your inspection do you need to write it down and plan it all out or is there no need for this?

Also if you are minding 2 or 3 minders on inspection day would you plan an activity that would be suitable for all of them? Hope you don't mind me asking but just want to be prepared so when the time comes hopefully I wont panic. Thank you :o

BallyH
19-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Hi everyone, when you have planned an activity to do for your inspection do you need to write it down and plan it all out or is there no need for this?

Also if you are minding 2 or 3 minders on inspection day would you plan an activity that would be suitable for all of them? Hope you don't mind me asking but just want to be prepared so when the time comes hopefully I wont panic. Thank you :o

It's up to you how you normally do it. I didn't write the activity down but I had written down 'next steps' that each child would achieve from the planning activity so I had it to read if she asked me. However I didn't get to do my planned activity as we ran 'out of time'. And yes, I would plan the activity to include all children and 'tweak' it to suit all ages and developments. I would also practice the activity before inspection day so the children know. The inspector asked me, almost after she arrived, if 'anything was new today?' and I said no. 'good as we can always tell if providers do something new to impress us on the day as the children let us know'.

FloraDora
19-02-2016, 06:28 PM
You don't have to record your activity in detail. My inspector didn't asked me anything about my planning, though I had put samples in my paperwork left out for her and parents mentioned that they found my sharing of planning useful.

I planned a story based activity as it was great to make sure that next steps for children here that day were covered. I find story based activities are the easiest to cover with a wide age/ skills/ knowledge range. Children access the story at their level and Communication/ PsHe and PD can be incorporated into the activity so it's bound to cover individuals next steps but I didn't have it written down - I did talk about it and how I had decided to offer this because it linked to.......next steps.
Sometimes it's good to write down your planning if you know you are going to be observed to focus yourself on what your objectives are not necessarily for the inspector. It depends how you like to work.