PDA

View Full Version : Showing photos at inspection?

mumofone
18-02-2016, 08:14 PM
I was just wondering the best way to show all my childminding photos at an inspection to the inspector?
I have tons and feel it gives the best idea what we do here...
Should i do a slide show on laptop, give them on a USB to look at on their own PC (safeguarding issue?!)
or other?

For those of you that showed pics at your inspection what did you do and how did you find it worked?

Thank you! :-)

sarah707
18-02-2016, 08:21 PM
I showed them our photo albums - I said that I couldn't possibly show them all our practice in a few hours and asked if they would browse through some of the things we do.

The inspector did look through them :D

BallyH
18-02-2016, 08:32 PM
I had one of those photo frames that you but the camera's memory card in. There was about 500 photos on it. Plus photos in lj's.

FloraDora
18-02-2016, 09:03 PM
I really think my photo slide show made a big influence on my outstanding grading.
She got to see, as Sarah said, all the the things that she couldn't see on the day.
I showed my photos via our iMac on the tv. Mainly outdoor things that in January is not possible to show.
As she watched me, looked at paperwork, she glanced at 100's of photos of typical activities on a scroll round in her face, on the tv. I added some writing of objectives at intervals - just to remind her of our vast range of activities that we offer and our general learning environment and I presented it in curriculum titles.
I really do think it is a way of showing what they don't see on the day. I know that albums show it too but digitally showing it on a screen of some sort means that the inspector can carry on observing you or looking at paperwork and the photos continue on a loop in the background.
Plus - I do often show photos on the tv - the LO's love it and then it is not different when you show it on inspection day.

natlou82
19-02-2016, 07:38 AM
Floradora - that sounds great :-). I currently am old school and have prints in photo albums, LJs and scrapbooks for older children.

Jessymax
19-02-2016, 07:52 AM
ok so am I going to get unsatisfactory.. I don't have any pictures AT ALL. I take photos each day or every couple of days and then send them to parents in whatsap groups as that is the permission they have signed fo then delete them! I also got permission to upload to my business page so I guess I could show the inspector that but how r they really going to feel looking on y fb page?! x

kats
19-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Mine are all in albums, the inspector said it gave her a good idea of things we do!

lizduncan72
19-02-2016, 08:32 AM
My kids each have their own photo folders that my inspector looked through with the kids telling her about what they had done, she loved it and the fact the kids could look back at their memories

singingcactus
19-02-2016, 01:19 PM
I just handed the inspector a tablet logged into my facebook page and she just sat and scrolled for a long while. It was good because she could see a little more how I interacted with my families, and other professionals, and all the different activities we've done since my last inspection, so she could see everything I did on the day was genuine and not just for her benefit. She could also see how I safeguarded the children by not showing the children and not advertising where we were going on a given day, I only ever post in retrospect.

Jessymax
19-02-2016, 01:35 PM
thanks that very similar to my situation x

BallyH
19-02-2016, 05:49 PM
ok so am I going to get unsatisfactory.. I don't have any pictures AT ALL. I take photos each day or every couple of days and then send them to parents in whatsap groups as that is the permission they have signed fo then delete them! I also got permission to upload to my business page so I guess I could show the inspector that but how r they really going to feel looking on y fb page?! x

If you are worried when it comes to notifying parents of your inspection and you give them a questionnaire to complete ask them to comment about the photos you provide on WhatsApp. That is what I did and the parents comments were very complimentary. This will be more evidence of working with parents and that they are happy.