PDA

View Full Version : Half term films for 5+

mumofone
18-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations? Got a whole day to fill Argh :-(

FloraDora
18-02-2016, 10:55 AM
I find going out for a walk much less hassle than watching a film. Not all children will watch even if you spend some time choosing one perfectly suited for an age group/ individuals.
Whereas all children enjoy a walk if you stimulate them- lots to look at with early spring flowers and buds on bushes and trees, even urban walking say to a local shop has gardens to pass, street furniture to find, road safety talks, vehicles to look at, numbers and letters to find in the environment, shapes on the path to spot ........plus they get tired.

kellib
18-02-2016, 10:58 AM
My lot sometimes ask for a film after school, usually a Thursday when they're all fading towards the end of the week! :laughing:

Anyway, their favourites at the moment are Mr Peabody & Shermen, Home, Flubber and of course Frozen. We've also been working our way through the Tinkerbell series.

It helps that I have Sky Movies so can pretty much get any movie on demand :thumbsup:

mumofone
18-02-2016, 11:04 AM
I find going out for a walk much less hassle than watching a film. Not all children will watch even if you spend some time choosing one perfectly suited for an age group/ individuals. Whereas all children enjoy a walk if you stimulate them- lots to look at with early spring flowers and buds on bushes and trees, even urban walking say to a local shop has gardens to pass, street furniture to find, road safety talks, vehicles to look at, numbers and letters to find in the environment, shapes on the path to spot ........plus they get tired.

We're going out too I just promised one of them a film :-) im not cooping them up indoors all day....if nothing else id go crazy myself! ;-)

mumofone
18-02-2016, 11:05 AM
My lot sometimes ask for a film after school, usually a Thursday when they're all fading towards the end of the week! :laughing: Anyway, their favourites at the moment are Mr Peabody & Shermen, Home, Flubber and of course Frozen. We've also been working our way through the Tinkerbell series. It helps that I have Sky Movies so can pretty much get any movie on demand :thumbsup:

Thanks kellib, I'll run these options past them :-) x