PDA

View Full Version : ratios questions totally confused conditions. i

crumpet54
17-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Hi
Just had an enquiry for a 4 year old school pick up at 3.15- 5 , she turns 5 in august, is in reception full time, does this count as my other 5's or will she be in my under 5's ratio?

Sorry but getting confusing conflicting advice just want a straight answer!

Also how much would you charge?

AliceK
17-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Although technically she is still covered by EYFS re LJ's etc, for ratio purposes she will count in your 5-8yr olds so you can still have your 3 x EY's children as well. Does any of that make sense??

xx

crumpet54
17-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Although technically she is still covered by EYFS re LJ's etc, for ratio purposes she will count in your 5-8yr olds so you can still have your 3 x EY's children as well. Does any of that make sense??

xx

Yes that makes total sense, that's perfect I thought it was but start to question myself so much conflicting info around.

Simona
17-02-2016, 03:03 PM
If you are unsure about ratio at any time do give the Oftsed helpline a call....they should be able to support you
Or look at Gill Jones message to Cms on this issue....very clear

JCrakers
17-02-2016, 03:23 PM
She is classed as an over 5 if she is in fulltime education. You wont have to do a LJ. Although she is still in the EYFS the school will be her main focus and I just make sure I still mentally observe but nothing written.

crumpet54
17-02-2016, 03:41 PM
If you are unsure about ratio at any time do give the Oftsed helpline a call....they should be able to support you
Or look at Gill Jones message to Cms on this issue....very clear

I will do, I was only confused as I've messaged 4 childminders in my area, and 2 have said yes and 2 have said no ......... nothing seems clear,

crumpet54
17-02-2016, 03:42 PM
She is classed as an over 5 if she is in fulltime education. You wont have to do a LJ. Although she is still in the EYFS the school will be her main focus and I just make sure I still mentally observe but nothing written.

Thank you x

Simona
18-02-2016, 09:09 AM
I will do, I was only confused as I've messaged 4 childminders in my area, and 2 have said yes and 2 have said no ......... nothing seems clear,

Yes...it is a bit frustrating that some still do not seem to have got the ratios right but the guidance given to cms is now clear...The EYFS wording is terrible but cms know how and when they can increase their number in certain circumstances.
Good luck.