PDA

View Full Version : risk assessments - HELP PLEASE

Nicki L
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
am i right in thinking that at the moment there are no compulsary risk assessments that have to be written down. I mean i constantly check everything in my house everyday and the school run i use my common sense, same goes for trip to park etc.

I thought that it was as from september that you have to start recording some things (although i dont know what yet!!)

Can somebody please help!!!!:(

sarah707
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Atm it is good practice to do risk assessments and my inspector asked to see them when she was here.

From Sept 1st it is compulsory.

Hope this helps :D

Nicki L
07-08-2008, 08:07 PM
oh Pants - i have never recorded any!!

What sort of things am i meant to assess? maybe if i start now at least it looks better than not doing any at all.

sarah707
07-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Just go through each room with a child's eye view...

Look at cables, power points, doors slamming, shelves being pulled, loose covers, rugs turned up at the corners, sharp edges on things... think about how they might cause an injury and how you will stop it from happening.

Do it in the garden as well with moving buckets away, putting tools etc in garage, trip hazards etc.

It's a scary world out there when you're 3 :D

Nicki L
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Thank you ever so much for all your help - you are a star x

I will get on to that over the weekend .

Wiggly
07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Had my inspection yesterday and the inspector did want to see my risk assessment for house and garden.

She did say come September I will need to do lots for virtually everything I do - yikes.

Wiggly
x