PDA

View Full Version : How are you spending half term?

mumofone
16-02-2016, 10:35 AM
Just that! :-)

JCrakers
16-02-2016, 11:28 AM
I had a nice quiet day yesterday with 2 little ones 8-5pm and a 7yr old who arrives at 8am and I drop her off at the sports club, pick her up at 3pm.
Today I've got the same but also two older brothers who I drop off at the sports club too. The 2 little ones are just chilling/playing and later we'll go to the park on the way to the sports club.

Tomorrow I'm only working 8-9am and 3-6pm so 6hrs off...lovely

And then that's me finished for the week :thumbsup: I'm planning on going to the beach on Friday depending on 2 things...the weather and if I can get my 13yr&16yr old out of bed :D

kellib
16-02-2016, 11:31 AM
I've got the whole week off! Not got many plans though, just going to chill out.

Mouse
16-02-2016, 12:27 PM
I've got a quiet week. I only had one here yesterday and I've got 2 each day for the rest of the week. The 2 I've got now are both fast asleep, so I'm making the most of the peace and catching up on some paperwork (well, that's what I should be doing rather than answering posts on here!)

I don't look after any school aged children, so our holiday time is pretty much the same as our term time just with fewer children.

Maza
16-02-2016, 12:52 PM
We are copying Floradora's idea of abc themed days out/in. We are not doing the letters in order though. Yesterday we were supposed to do 'D' which was a Dahl (Roald) Day. We went to the Southbank Centre to watch an interactive show based on some of Roald Dahl's books. The actors did a two minute warm up with the children and then announced that they were taking the children backstage to take part in the show. The adults weren't allowed to go. Well, DD didn't want to go by herself and so it was a total waste of time and money. All the parents with only one child complained and got their money back - it hadn't said on the flyer that that what they were going to do or we would have taken a friend, or just not gone. We then went to a free craft event based on Dahl but they had ran out of resources and closed the event early. We did an animation workshop which was brilliant though. We are now debating whether or not we can cross 'D' off the list because we didn't actually do anything to do with Dahl at all. We had already crossed off 'A' (art workshop at art gallery) so we can't use the animation. DD is trying to get as much out of me as she can, lol.

Today DD has had an eye test and has been making animated films using what she learnt yesterday.

Tomorrow we are doing 'L' -The London Museum, and going on a Fire of London walk around London.

Thursday we are off to Shrewsbury for a couple of nights as we are checking out new places to live.

BallyH
16-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Quiet week here as am only working 3 days and have 3 lo's on each of those days. No schoolies here in holidays. Just back from the park. Beautiful sunshine but very cold. The lo's all have rosy cheeks and smell of fresh air.

loocyloo
16-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Somehow posted twice!

loocyloo
16-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Busy, yet quiet week.
Most of the busyness is chasing around after/with/for my own children and trying to fit fun activities in for mindees around that!

Spent a while in the garden today playing with snow left from yesterday ... But had 2 who really didn't like it and a baby who wasn't that keen either! Luckily DD was worth her weight in gold pulling sledges around with the other 3! Whilst I managed to split myself in 2! Luckily I can see the garden from the kitchen window and the playroom is off the kitchen!

Got 2 x just 2 tomorrow, an almost 2 and a just 5yr old ... can't decide what to do as the just 2s are those who really didn't like the snow/cold today and my plan was a walk in the woods! Maybe we'll have to feed ducks instead! Although weather forecast is rain & sleet !

tulip0803
16-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Sniffling :( - quiet day yesterday and able to go for a chilly but sunny walk. Busy busy today but all went by just after 4 :) . Very quiet day tomorrow but is one LOs 4th birthday. Busy, busy Thursday. Busy, busy Friday.

FloraDora
16-02-2016, 10:57 PM
I am term time only so attempting a break this week but we have a poorly MIL in hospital 60 miles away so trying to fit things in around consultations and bedside visits.
We have condensed a week's visit to our son in Brighton to 2 days, DH did lots of jobs in his new flat that they had planned, I took some good photos of the starling murmuration off the pier- a swooping mass of 40,000 starlings whirling on the sky just off the pier. Fantastic sight.
Walked part of the Sussex downs by the cliff edge today - but as ever, I can't switch off - we passed a coach party of 13/14 year old German students - with no adults in sight, I couldn't help but comment that that wouldn't happen with a British group - we are far more H&S conscious - they were larking about by the edge causing me to gasp ! Then a silly mum and friend with 2 under 7 children SAT on the edge of the downes cliff!!!! The children were messing about and being yelled at by adults - I just wanted to go over and say take them away from the edge! They were not well behaved children, they were arguing and physically fighting so close to the edge.... Unfortunately the beachy head area reputation was brought home to us as we saw paramedics wheel somebody into their ambulance..... Stomach and heart churning/ racing moment ...but ....apart from this angst the walk was so envigorating and refreshing, the seven sisters cliff view was spectacular and the sun shone so hard, generating so much warmth that I was walking for three hours with first my coat and then my jumper tied around my waist!! All caring thoughts put on hold in the fresh air and the fantastic scenery - if there are any Brighton/ Eastbourne area childminders on here - I am so jealous of where you live!
We did a lovely tour inside the M25 to get home as it was on standstill from junction 5-16!! Discovered all sorts of outer London areas in our efforts to avoid the M25. Cheam and Kingston look nice if anyone lives in these areas.
Finally home, checked in with the hospital and all is fine, so a nice Christmas vintage port gift from a parent is being sampled as we play our newly discovered Amazon prime music playlist through the stereo system - Foals ( saw in live stadium concert in Manchester on Saturday - great concert, loved the drums) - and Ladysmith black Mambasa - was reminded we liked these as they won an award in the Baftas this weekend.
I have two days to read my latest book club book - the rotters club by Jonathon Coe so tomorrow is reading in snatches where I can...if only I could read in the car! That's where we will be spending most of the day! I think I might be whinging it this month!
Nice to not have children though.