PDA

View Full Version : Activities & toys for 1-2 yr olds

mumofone
16-02-2016, 10:03 AM
How Dyou spend your day with children of this age group and what dyou find the best toys are for them?

mama2three
16-02-2016, 01:50 PM
for my 19 month mindee - anything she can put into bags and boxes to make collections and transport. Dolls and buggy. Balls and ramps / guttering. Light box ( actually an old ohp) and gems / beads. Mirrors. When another mindee was that age he was never without a plastic animal or dinosaur in his hands.

mumofone
16-02-2016, 01:52 PM
for my 19 month mindee - anything she can put into bags and boxes to make collections and transport. Dolls and buggy. Balls and ramps / guttering. Light box ( actually an old ohp) and gems / beads. Mirrors. When another mindee was that age he was never without a plastic animal or dinosaur in his hands.

Dyou go out at all with them or do any groups? Are they with you for the whole day? How dyou full your days?
Sorry, loads of questions!!

moggy
16-02-2016, 02:02 PM
I have 3x 0-2 year olds, for full days, every day.
We go out everyday- toddle round the park, toddler groups, soft play, playgrounds, woods etc.
Non-walkers like sensory treasure basket things, wooden blocks and everyday items with textures/shapes- lots of chewing them!
Walkers like- dolls buggy, trolley, trike, bags, dolls house, play kitchen (things in and out of cupboards), musical instruments, chalks on blackboard.
All love books, mark making (pens/pencils/crayons), water play, sandpit, singing and rhymes on my knee etc

alex__17
16-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Mine all used to be that age although most are now age 3 but we also went out somewhere each day or tend to get cabin fever staying in esp if they were having a day where they all wanted the one toy!!
We went to toddler groups, singing class, gymnastics free play, occasionally soft play but that was a last resort as I hate them! Park, duck pond to feed ducks, we have wisley nearby so go there very often. Now they're older we do more of the longer outdoor trips like wisley or national trust parks where there are trees to climb and sticks to collect, tomorrow we're off to do a stickman trail :-)
Toys-wise books, toy kitchen, cars trains etc, farm and animals, peppa pig toys are always popular, or a cardboard box they can sit in hide in etc and they like to colour in and draw on the box :-)

mama2three
16-02-2016, 02:43 PM
I had at least 3 , every day , theyve been with me a couple of years are are just turning 3 . Its all about being organised , having 3 1year olds is lovely if you get the practicalities sorted - mainly transport. And dont think in terms of toys either , think outside the box. Mine are all happy playing with pines cones , conkers bottle lids , pieces of material etc
I know you dont go on pinterest but it really is amazing for ideas...