PDA

View Full Version : Quinny speedi help

JCrakers
15-02-2016, 11:08 AM
I've just bought a Quinny Speedi off ebay at a very good price. £25 what a bargain! It's in fantastic condition but I took it out this morning and it was like pushing a tank :(

So I've looked it over again and discovered that the front wheel doesn't spin properly, sounds like sand/grit. I've managed to get the whole thing off the front by pressing a big grey button but it looks like I can get the wheel off using two little press buttons but it seems really stuck.
Does anyone know if the wheel does come off completely so I can get some more oil into the middle of it :D

Thanks

mama2three
15-02-2016, 12:53 PM
the instruction booklet says it can by pressing a button - https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3qqmn6MookHa1NqZ3ZnOFNvVWM/edit

loocyloo
15-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Ummm ... I've got a 10yr old maxi cosi speedi and I love it. (Had it from new)

All the wheels do come off; the back wheels you press the button in middle of wheel. But I can't remember how to remove the front wheel (and I'm not home to look!) I think there are just a couple of catches to flip to remove the wheel.

I had a speedi before this one but dh took it on the beach and took the wheels off on the beach ( to this day I don't know why! ) it got sand in it and from then on, it squeaked and was awful to push!

JCrakers
15-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Thanks all, I managed to get the wheel off at last :D I wasn't pressing the buttons far down enough, I had to use the end of a knife to press them down completely in and then it came off :thumbsup:

loocyloo
15-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Thanks all, I managed to get the wheel off at last :D I wasn't pressing the buttons far down enough, I had to use the end of a knife to press them down completely in and then it came off :thumbsup:

Well done x