PDA

View Full Version : Baby/ toddler carriers

mumofone
12-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Rather than a pram does anyone carry a lighting toddler on them to go out ever rather than use a pram? What tends to be the age and weight cut off for baby carriers? Can anyone recommend me a good one? Thank you :-)

singingcactus
12-02-2016, 06:36 PM
I use my wompat to carry my little ones, up to the age of around 30 months - although if one of my 3 year olds wanted to go in while we were out and about I wouldn't necessarily say no.

moggy
12-02-2016, 07:57 PM
I use my wompat to carry my little ones, up to the age of around 30 months - although if one of my 3 year olds wanted to go in while we were out and about I wouldn't necessarily say no.

Wow, wompat looks gorgeous but pricey! I use a Patapum (cheap version of an Ergo!): Little Possums: baby slings and carriers - soft structured baby carriers (http://www.littlepossums.co.uk/slings/soft-slings.htm#patapum_carrier)
My back can be a bit dodgy so wouldn't use carrier for everyday use. But I use one in the house for a clingy little one who needs carrying.

mumofone
12-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Wow, wompat looks gorgeous but pricey! I use a Patapum (cheap version of an Ergo!): Little Possums: baby slings and carriers - soft structured baby carriers (http://www.littlepossums.co.uk/slings/soft-slings.htm#patapum_carrier) My back can be a bit dodgy so wouldn't use carrier for everyday use. But I use one in the house for a clingy little one who needs carrying.

Do you wear them on your front or back moggy? How old are they?

moggy
12-02-2016, 08:17 PM
Do you wear them on your front or back moggy? How old are they?

Front or back, for mindees usually only the 10-12mth olds when they first settling in with me and need extra carrying/cuddle time. But my own children I carried to 2.5 yrs in mei-tai. And a ring sling is very useful for short carries as dead-easy to get babes in and out, but not for long walks as all the weight is on one shoulder. If you can find a local sling-meet you can try out various slings and get advise, sling-meets are often on facebook now (where sling-loving, baby-wearing mamas meet to talk and share slings).