PDA

View Full Version : Anti-biotics and exclusion question

Maza
12-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Just going through my policies (still!)

I know that lots of us have something in our policies that says that children taking anti-biotics shouldn't return to us straight away until incase they have an allergic reaction to the anti-biotics. For how long do you all say they should stay away? One day, two days...
Thanks x

moggy
12-02-2016, 12:20 PM
I do not specify, I would discuss with the parent. All depends... has the child had that type of anti-biotic before, have they had a dose at home already and been ok, how well is the child anyway, and general age/health of the child would be a factor.

tess1981
12-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Just going through my policies (still!)

I know that lots of us have something in our policies that says that children taking anti-biotics shouldn't return to us straight away until incase they have an allergic reaction to the anti-biotics. For how long do you all say they should stay away? One day, two days...
Thanks x

I never exclude for antibiotics. .. a child can have a reaction to anything at anytime. Some children I mind have been given a lot of them while other children in my care have not. I would be excluding all around me lol
Although I do hate the nappies that happen when they are taking them 😐

hectors house
12-02-2016, 03:45 PM
I don't exclude for anti-biotics either unless the illness they have been prescribed them for means they need to be excluded eg: had a child with Scarlet fever a couple of weeks ago.

From my experience of antibiotics, often any allergy isn't instant but only after several days worth of the medicine eg hives and I always think that I am better qualified to deal with an allergic reaction than the parents are anyway.