PDA

View Full Version : Termly reports

mumofone
10-02-2016, 10:25 AM
If you do termly reports, when in the term do you do them? Mid term or end of term?

gef918
10-02-2016, 12:12 PM
I do reports three times a year, but the timing varies for a number of reasons. I last did reports in early October because I'm term time only so I wanted to gauge their development over the summer. I now have 3 two year checks to do over the next 4 months, which I like to do when child is 26 months. I will then do another report before the summer break.

I will also do a report if a child is starting at another setting or will be seeing a professional who may need the information.

Timing of reports is mainly led by when a parent can meet to discuss it. I arrange a meeting and then complete the report a few days before. It can be really hard to get some parents to agree a date.

BallyH
10-02-2016, 06:23 PM
I do them twice a year. Roughly in November, as December is busy and the other in mid June - I coincide this report with any school transition forms.

FloraDora
10-02-2016, 11:02 PM
I use my time in half term holidays as I am term time only, to summarise progress from my setting and suggest next steps, I then endeavour to meet with parents in the next two weeks to discuss my assessments and formalise between us the next steps that we will both focus on through play.