PDA

View Full Version : Well enough for setting but not preschool?

rollypolly
10-02-2016, 06:59 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted your opinions on something. Mum came yesterday with Lo, and said, they've been up most of the night, temperature and snotty. Mum feels they're well enough for my setting, but not well enough for preschool and not to take them? Anyone else do this? I've always said, well enough for me, then well enough for school, was wondering if I'm being to Harsh? Thanks :)

mama2three
10-02-2016, 07:15 AM
In general I agree with you , if theyre well enough for me theyre well enough for school / preschool. I have made an exception if they have been the only child and I could have an easier day for them but thats very rare. A day with me is just as 'taxing' as a morning at preschool , the child would still have to walk the schoolruns and head off to the forest or whatever else is planned....I think parents forget that we cant always just plonk them on the sofa with a blanket when we have other childrens needs to consider too.

loocyloo
10-02-2016, 08:04 AM
I say that any child who comes to me, must be up for a normal day, which for 3yr old plus, includes walking a couple of school runs.

I had a parent text me yesterday 15 mins after due to arrive to say LO very poorly and wouldn't be coming.
I carried on my day as planned ... thinking at least it meant I didn't have to deal with a LO who just wanted to lie on sofa and would have to be cajoled into the day!
At school pick up, another mum said how nice to see LO and mum at toddlers that morning, then someone else had bumped into them having lunch out!

Why not just say they are not coming! Why lie and say they are too poorly to come and then go out and about locally when there was every chance I could be at toddlers or even out for lunch!

rollypolly
10-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the replies, Lo has turned up today, still not looking great, but I changed our plans yesterday, so today I working as planned, so they're going to preschool. I don't know why I doubted myself, mum seems to have a way of making me feel guilty on all issues. I'm to much of a soft touch! Lol, hope you have a good day :)