PDA

View Full Version : Ill child (your own)

mumofone
08-02-2016, 09:40 AM
What do you all do when your own child is ill? Do you warn parents and let them make the choice as to whether they send their kids or not?

kellib
08-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Depends what illness my child has, if it's a sickness bug I just close for the 48 hours and also cos I'm shattered from being up all night!

Anything else then I usually tell parents he's ill and give them the choice, parents usually always still send kids to me in that instance!

AliceK
08-02-2016, 11:04 AM
If mine have D&V then I close, no question. If they have the usual cold / cough / high temp etc then I open. They are happy to send their children to me with these things so I open if mine do. TBH if I closed when one of mine was ill or refused to have mindees when they were ill with colds etc I would hardly work. So basically if it is something minor I will stay open.

xxx

Jessymax
08-02-2016, 11:19 AM
I don't have children but if your child has something you wouldn't let a parent bring their child if they had then I think it would be obvious choice hope they better soon xx

BallyH
08-02-2016, 11:25 AM
What does is say in your sickness policy/parents contracts? My boys are older now so they normally lie in bed all day and I pop up to see them. But I know you've got a young baby/child and they really need your attention so you may have ot judge it for yourself and cancel everyone. If I do that my policy/contracts say 'no fee' to parents.

mama2three
08-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Remember if its a sickness or diarrhoea issue then we are obliged to close as we are registered food businesses.

natlou82
08-02-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm in that situation today DS sick at school, great closed for 48 hrs! If just general unwellness, cough, cold, headache I inform parents and give them the choice to attend or not. I don't charge if they keep their child away.