PDA

View Full Version : new member

Clucky
07-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Im about to start my childminding course in 2 days, was reading up on everything and was after some info, when the inspector comes to inspect my house to sign it off as worthy for starting my business what are they looking for im so nervous, also what kind of questions do they ask I get nervous under pressure x

sarah707
08-02-2016, 09:25 PM
You will have a booklet of questions to work through - don't let it worry you just be yourself :D

k1rstie
09-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Just enjoy your course for now. Let your time doing your training answer all your questions.

moggy
09-02-2016, 01:55 PM
The inspector is there to get you registered- you can ask him/her questions, you can refer to your notes, you can ask him/her to re-phrase their questions. It is not a test. Relax!

bunyip
09-02-2016, 06:14 PM
If you get nervous, tell them. I've had 3 different inspectors (pre-reg + 2 graded inspections) - I've told all how much I hate tests/exam-type situations, and they were all very good about it.

We do tend to see them a bit as 'the enemy', but they are still human and I don't think they're out there looking to fail you on a pre-reg inspection.