PDA

View Full Version : Best mould remover for pushchairs

natlou82
04-02-2016, 06:50 PM
I have a quinny buzz in the shed that I've not used for a couple of months and have noticed the seat is covered in mould. Can anyone recommend a good remover I could use to clean it and something that may stop this happening again. I don't have enough storage in the house so it does need to be stored in the shed.

bunyip
04-02-2016, 07:10 PM
I've not used it on a pushchair, but successfully used Dettol Mould and Mildew spray on the leather saddle and man-made panniers (possibly similar material to pushchairs?) of a bicycle with good results.

Shed storage is likely to result in the mould growing again, though regular light treatment with the spray might work as a preventative. Try to get it out and air it on the better winter days, but it really needs to be dried thoroughly indoors. If you store a wet pushchair it almost certainly will get mould growths.

Tbh, nothing stands a chance of growing on my pushchair surfaces before the children would piggle it off with their fingernails : a welcome change from poking holes in the rain covers.

blue bear
04-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Dettol mould remover is brilliant on prams test it first though in a small unobvious area as I've known it bleach darker colours.

I get mine out once a week and leave in the kitchen while I'm at toddlers it seems to keep the mould at bay.

natlou82
04-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks I'll give it a go. I always bring my pushchairs in the house to dry (if we've been in rain, damp days etc) before storing in the shed but you are both right I need to regularly get it out to air it. Thanks :-)

Jessymax
05-02-2016, 09:38 AM
I stored mine in shed thinking would be fine got it out a week later riddled with mould my partner washed it with car jet wash and it was good as new but now sadly have to keep in conservatory and it huge :( wanted one of those wheely bin storage things on drive to keep it in but it would obviously get mouldy in that thinking of doing that through summer months tho as it just take up so much flipping room inside :(

natlou82
05-02-2016, 01:23 PM
It'll be my weekend task! This is one of 3 pushchairs I own and it's too big to store inside, but I don't want to get rid as I like it for smaller babies.