PDA

View Full Version : Ive lost my voice!

JCrakers
03-02-2016, 12:01 PM
I had a sore throat 2 weeks ago over the weekend but it was better by Monday. Then by Thursday night it came back again. :(

Now my voice has more or less gone which is not good at all. So.... I thought of making some handheld signs :laughing:

Pictures for the little ones

Food
Shoes/coat
Toilet
Hand washing
Smiley face when I'm happy and they are being angels
Cross face when they aren't being angels :laughing:

For the older school children (they are wonderful but I do have to repeat these phrases a lot) :D

Stop bickering
No running
Hey....stop jumping on my sofa
Get off your brother!
Can you PLEASE not pick up the babies
How many times have I told you?

Hehe...last lot are not very Ofsted friendly

loocyloo
03-02-2016, 12:50 PM
oh dear, hope your voice comes back soon.

I had a horrendous cough a while back, and was also losing my voice. someone suggested honey and cinnamon ( tsp honey, mixed with tsp ground cinnamon, in a mug with an inch or so of boiling water ) ... feels like you are drinking hot wet sand, but my cough improved and I got my voice back quite quickly!

take care.

I love the signs! :laughing:

Mouse
03-02-2016, 01:27 PM
You poor thing. I hope you're better soon (my like was for your signs, by the way, not that you've lost your voice!)

Can you include signs for:

I'd like a biscuit please
Someone put the kettle on and make me a cuppa

:D

BallyH
03-02-2016, 01:35 PM
I had a sore throat 2 weeks ago over the weekend but it was better by Monday. Then by Thursday night it came back again. :(

Now my voice has more or less gone which is not good at all. So.... I thought of making some handheld signs :laughing:

Pictures for the little ones

Food
Shoes/coat
Toilet
Hand washing
Smiley face when I'm happy and they are being angels
Cross face when they aren't being angels :laughing:

For the older school children (they are wonderful but I do have to repeat these phrases a lot) :D

Stop bickering
No running
Hey....stop jumping on my sofa
Get off your brother!
Can you PLEASE not pick up the babies
How many times have I told you?

Hehe...last lot are not very Ofsted friendly

Plus what about

wake me quick if a parent knocks the door

JCrakers
03-02-2016, 01:44 PM
The hardest thing is the little ones faces when they ask me a question and I can't answer.

I've had a few funny looks this morning when they ask me what I want from the play café and they just get a grin with raised eyebrows, several nods and a thumbs up :D