PDA

View Full Version : WTC CHANGES - UPDATE 3.2.16

sarah707
03-02-2016, 07:19 AM
Great to see the Daily Mail supporting childminders who are affected by the Working Tax Credits changes :clapping:

HMRC demands info about childminders' work so nannies can claim tax credits | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3429180/Now-taxman-goes-childminders-HMRC-sends-thousands-letters-demanding-information-work-nannies-claim-tax-credits.html)

And your amazing Childminding Forum gets a mention! :D

Ripeberry
03-02-2016, 07:43 AM
It seems that all self employed people need to keep off the government 'radar' and not claim benefits of any kind :(

Jayse74
03-02-2016, 11:46 AM
The tax office believes some mothers are claiming handouts even though they merely look after friends’ children – rather than running a profitable business.

I dont like getting involved in things anymore but I am compelled to comment now, more on what was in the article above.

A group of Parents, around 6 or 7 of them are activley sharing care duties of their children on a regular basis. I can only assume they are doing it for reward and all of them are under 8. They are open about it, they do not hide it and they have even shadowed us, asking how many we have today (like it is their business) and even copying how we do things!

We have had fake enquiries from them where I think they are only looking to see if we are real. They must assume we claim WTC or why would they even bother?

I personally feel powerless and the only thing both my partner and I can do is hold our heads up and get on with it.
Would Ofsted even listen or care? I do not want to create problems for my Partner she already has enough to deal with.

EDIT: Thank you Sarah for highlighting these problems and getting somebody to notice. At least this Paper has not put us all down for once!

AliceK
03-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Thanks Sarah
xxx

rickysmiths
03-02-2016, 08:48 PM
It seems that all self employed people need to keep off the government 'radar' and not claim benefits of any kind :(

That is exactly what they want, run a viable business that makes you at least the same as working 37.5 hours a week on minimum wage.