PDA

View Full Version : 3 in nappies..now..

Jelly Baby
02-02-2016, 08:18 AM
All 3 of my parents have decided this weekend just gone to start potty training their little ones. 2 x 3yrs & 1 x 2yrs.

How do you deal with the car side of things? I pick up and drop off and they can sometimes be in the car for half an hour + and i'm concerned about my seats being VERY wet with 3 of them..

Thanks!

Mouse
02-02-2016, 09:17 AM
I don't drive, but have similar issues with pushchairs. Initially I still use nappies or pull ups for journeys and trips out. I know a lot of people say it will send confusing messages if you put them back in nappies for some of the time, but you need to protect your pushchair or car seat.

It's not only the car seats you have to think about. If children are going to wee (or worse) you're going to be constantly changing them whenever you get where you're going!

Once potty training is more established and predictable (ie. you an get them to go to the toilet before any journey and know that they will be OK most of the time) you can put something in the seats to protect them - either washable pads or disposable ones (like puppy training mats).

White Rose
02-02-2016, 11:49 AM
We have the wonderfully-named PiddlePads in our car seats Summer Infant PiddlePad Waterproof Car Seat Liner: Amazon.co.uk: Baby (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Summer-Infant-PiddlePad-Waterproof-Liner/dp/B003MP95JW)

JCrakers
02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Pull ups for journeys, I don't have a car but use a pull up for buggy :)

I've got a 27m here atm, arrived yesterday and Mum said she had been potty training for about 4 days. I thought it was going to be a week of intense potty training but she hasn't wet once. Just goes to show that when they're ready, they're ready :D

Had a pull up on to school and back, took it off when we got in and then I put it back on at 3pm for school run. Today, because I know she's doing so well I just popped her in pants on arrival. (Mum had used pull up for car journey)

moggy
02-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Pull-ups for journeys- we call them special 'car pants' and sometimes I'd put them OVER their trousers, so they don't confused about being in a nappy and it still saves the car seats- and if they don't get wet you use them again another day!