PDA

View Full Version : Puppets?

mumofone
31-01-2016, 07:29 PM
I have in my head that I need some puppets to help with storytelling and feelings (PSED), does anyone use them themselves and have any they recommend?

moggy
31-01-2016, 08:33 PM
I have a few hand puppets and finger puppets.
You do not 'need' them! Any toy can become a puppet if you move it around and give it a voice (you do not have to have your hand stuck up its bottom to make a character interesting and fun).
They freak out some children! Some love them, some are not bothered... as with any toy.
Toy Library usually has some. They often come in Story Sacks from Toy Library.

mumofone
02-02-2016, 08:54 PM
I have a few hand puppets and finger puppets. You do not 'need' them! Any toy can become a puppet if you move it around and give it a voice (you do not have to have your hand stuck up its bottom to make a character interesting and fun). They freak out some children! Some love them, some are not bothered... as with any toy. Toy Library usually has some. They often come in Story Sacks from Toy Library.

Lol!!! :-)

I just thought they were the "in" thing. I won't rush out any buy any then.

samb
03-02-2016, 09:25 AM
I've got a box of puppets- ones you put your hands in, finger puppets, pop up where you push the stick up and out they pop, ones we have made from socks and ones we've made from laminating a picture and sticking a lolly stick on the back. I have to say unless they are specifically being used to support a story etc then the children do not access them at all. So this week the children have been asking for the book Barry the fish with fingers and have played with the sea life finger puppets. Why not make some and see how they go down - you don't need to buy any.