PDA

View Full Version : childminders getting a loan

vals
29-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Hi sorry if this isnt appropriate, but wondering if any of you have borrowed money as a childminder based on your earnings only. I was trying to borrow to get rid of my credit cards cos i am wasting so much in interest on them, but they need so much info, and obviously my accounts show i earn less than i do, things like the mileage we can put down, theres no way it actually costs that much, etc, it feels like it might be an impossible task. i am doing well at the moment, but it doesnt feel like it thanks that credit cards and me not being as sensible as i should.

greenfaerie
29-01-2016, 03:02 PM
This may be too simplistic, but have you looked into getting a new interest free credit card and transferring your current cards to the new one? Some cards will give you a couple of years of no interest. Much less money than a loan. Apologies if you've already sought out and rejected this idea. :)

vals
29-01-2016, 04:21 PM
thanks, only just admitted to myself that enough is enough and a bit nervous about being rejected, but will continue with research.am looking at money saying expert, he has good info, but the self employed bit seems to be the stumbling block. other option is finding a rich man hehe,

loocyloo
29-01-2016, 07:52 PM
This may be too simplistic, but have you looked into getting a new interest free credit card and transferring your current cards to the new one? Some cards will give you a couple of years of no interest. Much less money than a loan. Apologies if you've already sought out and rejected this idea. :)

That's what I did, and I was childminding at the time.
I was ruthless about paying off as much as I could each month and not putting anything new on a credit card.

I now don't have one at all, because I would forget to pay it off each month. I am thinking I ought to have one 'just in case' ... But the last one I had, wouldn't let me keep it because I didn't spend anything on it!

Good luck xx