PDA

View Full Version : Sibling ratios

Louise_Oaktree
28-01-2016, 01:14 PM
I've asked Ofsted this question and all they keep doing is referring me back to the statutory framework.

I have a sibling baby starting in July, I already have 3 under 5 on a Tuesday so can I take the baby on or not? I have no other under 1's.

:huh:

moggy
28-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Yes, it says in the EYFS that you can, see paragraph 3.42 - you need to RA it, be able to demonstrate that everyone's individual needs are being met, and inform all parents. Now, whether an inspector is going to agree with you that 'every child's individual needs are being met' when you have 4 little ones is anyone's guess, that is the risk you take.

loocyloo
28-01-2016, 01:44 PM
I would say yes; as long as older sibling is still, and will be, attending your setting.
Make sure you have risk assessed etc and are happy that you can cope with the 4 children.
Remember to let parents know you will be having 4 under 5s.

Mouse
28-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Also make sure you have sufficient floor space for 4, especially as the younger they are the more space they need.

Louise_Oaktree
31-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Thank you all, I don't know why but the more I read it the more I was confused!

It's only going to be 1 day a week and 2 of my others will be 3-4 so I think I would manage fine, I'm moving in 2 weeks so space shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again 😊