PDA

View Full Version : Buggy boards

mumofone
28-01-2016, 09:54 AM
What ages can you use these from and is there one on the market that's fairly universal (ie fits a range of buggies)? Thanks

Jessymax
28-01-2016, 11:43 AM
i would also be very interested in this answer x

moggy
28-01-2016, 01:44 PM
Lascal mini and maxi are pretty much industry standards! Their website will tell you what is compatible with your buggy.
I find it hard to get a little one to stand on it until they are 2.5yrs. Before then they might manage it but if they are tired, tantruming, having a general sulk or one of those days when they just go all floppy-legged and sit down then you are stuck!

BallyH
28-01-2016, 01:46 PM
I had one but sold it on a local selling site. It broke my back! Mine came with attachments and it fitted a maclaren folding buggy and my 'old' super duper double 3 wheeler. It was called a Buggy Board and I had both sizes, maxi and mini. I found as soon as the child can stand and has the sense to hold on you can put them on it as your body is right behind them to 'catch' them if they lean back. But I also had to put a wrist strap on one toddler as they kept stepping down whenever I slowed ie a step etc and it was really annoying. I found my back was slightly arched to accommodate the standing child and therefore my back ached. So they've both gone. It was really heavy pushing double buggy and that.

loocyloo
28-01-2016, 01:47 PM
I use a easy X rider. It attaches very easily to pretty much any buggy without the need for different attachments on each buggy. It also has a seat with a lap belt for little people who still need to sit down. You can take the seat off to just have a buggy board.

I got mine on eBay. I think there is a UK website selling them but a friend got hers from the US.