PDA

View Full Version : children signing themselves in

primrosecottage
27-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Do any of you have pictures or names where children self sign in? Is this a good idea, so children can see clearly who is 'here' at any given time? e.g. a house picture where children add a picture of themselves too, to show they are present today

samb
27-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Yes I do this. 3 laminated sheets up. 1 is "coming another day"; 1 is a car "coming today" and 1 is a house "I am here". They have Velcro tabs on and laminated photos of the children with their names on and when they come and go they put theirs on the correct place. It's useful for those who want to know who is here. The littlies love the pics to play with.

loocyloo
27-01-2016, 08:18 PM
I have a display board with velcro on.
Each child then has their photo laminated with velcro on the back and their name laminated and velcro on back.

The children choose whether to put their photo/name or both on the board.
The younger ones love naming all the children in the photos and it's great for helping them to recognise their name.

We don't necesarily do it everyday-depends on the children-plus sometimes i find all the children i look after 'on' the board :0)

FloraDora
27-01-2016, 09:33 PM
I use these , they sit on a narrow shelf in my hall one side has their photo, the other their name, they turn it around to show their photo as they arrive.

natlou82
27-01-2016, 09:45 PM
I love these ideas, I don't do this but may take these ideas on board and do something similar :-)

Maza
28-01-2016, 12:25 AM
I laminated name cards and the children used to find theirs in the box and put it on the freezer door (magnetic tape). Nothing fancy. No special equipment but they loved it. I also included my name, DD's and DH's names so that the last child to arrive couldn't just grab the last name card in the box - they still had to look at them and 'read' their own.

primrosecottage
28-01-2016, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the responses, I will get busy doing something for my children... still waiting for my 'within 30 month inspection' so I'm getting little bits finished how I would like them before I am rushed!

BallyH
28-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Mine have little coat hooks with a laminated card above with their names written on them. They hang their coat under their name. On inspection day a lo made a big thing of running her finger over each name and 'reading' them to the inspector. She recognised her own name but was able to recall the others because each name has little stickers on them for recognition. The inspector seemed to like it.

mama2three
28-01-2016, 08:25 AM
I also had an old exercise book next to the door, so they could 'sign' in , worked well with my mindees at the time who were starting to try to form their names.