PDA

View Full Version : puncture nightmare.. advise please!!

Jessymax
27-01-2016, 01:59 PM
ok so I have the phil and tds double explorer and have had 3 punctures in weeks :( its really stressful especially when it happens when we are miles away from home! I have searched amazon but don't know what to buy and basically think I need a tyre with no innertube just a rock solid tyres? any advise please

AliceK
27-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Why not buy some slime. Touch wood it's fixed my puncture problem.

xx

loocyloo
27-01-2016, 02:28 PM
I went to a local country shop and the chap there recommended 'ride on lawn mower slime' !!!!

occasionally the tire goes a bit flat, and I have to pump it up, but I've never had a tire go completely flat since having it done ( over 4 years ago )

xx

moggy
27-01-2016, 02:44 PM
I had slime put in- no good, still got a puncture but was a year or so later. Not bothering again. I carry a bike pump in my buggy to get me home, and keep a spare inner tube at home for over-night repairs ready for next day.

Jessymax
27-01-2016, 03:01 PM
I am looking at either some major thick tyres and innertubes or some major thick innertubes but sound really hard to put on from reading reviews... notings ever easy ey x

messyplay
28-01-2016, 06:26 AM
you can buy solid tyres for the out n about might be able to do the same for yours

ajc
28-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Hubby put bmx bike tyres on my p & t, they are mega chunky and touch wood, not had a puncture in a year.

bunyip
28-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Hubby put bmx bike tyres on my p & t, they are mega chunky and touch wood, not had a puncture in a year.

Brilliant.

I now have visions of a pushchair with 28" wheels fitted for rugged cross-country tyres. The 'monster truck' of all baby buggies. :clapping:

BallyH
28-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Brilliant.

I now have visions of a pushchair with 28" wheels fitted for rugged cross-country tyres. The 'monster truck' of all baby buggies. :clapping:

I'd be very impressed if she had a schoolie balanced on each stunt peg.

ajc
28-01-2016, 08:52 PM
That would be a site would it :clapping: never thought about putting pegs on!!

ajc
28-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Also thought I knew how to spell sight :D

BallyH
28-01-2016, 08:57 PM
That would be a site would it :clapping: never thought about putting pegs on!!

The things I know with having 3 sons!

mumofone
28-01-2016, 09:57 PM
ok so I have the phil and tds double explorer and have had 3 punctures in weeks :( its really stressful especially when it happens when we are miles away from home! I have searched amazon but don't know what to buy and basically think I need a tyre with no innertube just a rock solid tyres? any advise please

Hi jessy, i posted about this recently so am interested to hear of any solution you come to!! :-) please share when youve solved the problem! :-) Good Luck! :-) x

Jessymax
29-01-2016, 08:55 AM
hi have ordered 'raliegh innertubes off amazon really good refuse and a parent suggested them as they did same so fingers crossed.. hoping they arrive today ready for my squawking baby on Monday I NEED to have out and about lol x