PDA

View Full Version : Special needs childminding

Carokat05
26-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Hello everyone! I need a bit of advice and support really.. I'm opening up my own special needs childminding centre where I am renting a house out and completely making it special needs friendly.. I will be offering my services with 2 other childminders and will be open to PMLD and MLD. I will have a sensory library in the house and a messy play room for art, sensory room and lots more etc.. I also will be offering cooking and many more activities. I would love to hear what everyone thinks and even what people would love to see? I know most childminders accept special needs children but I wanted to do something different where all their needs can be met in one place with professional people with lots of experience. I'm based in Reading by the way :) thanks xx

Simona
27-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Hello everyone! I need a bit of advice and support really.. I'm opening up my own special needs childminding centre where I am renting a house out and completely making it special needs friendly.. I will be offering my services with 2 other childminders and will be open to PMLD and MLD. I will have a sensory library in the house and a messy play room for art, sensory room and lots more etc.. I also will be offering cooking and many more activities. I would love to hear what everyone thinks and even what people would love to see? I know most childminders accept special needs children but I wanted to do something different where all their needs can be met in one place with professional people with lots of experience. I'm based in Reading by the way :) thanks xx

What a fabulous idea!
Are you getting any help from your EY team to set you up and give you ideas and support?

Are you concentrating on Learning difficulties or will you cater for physical disabilities as well?
Please keep us posted on how you get on...any barriers or how easy it was to go down that route.
All the best of luck!

AliceK
27-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Sounds great. Good luck with it all, I'm sure it will be somewhere parents will love. You are very close to me btw, I'm a couple of miles outside Reading :thumbsup:

xxx

primrosecottage
27-01-2016, 07:59 PM
That sounds brilliant, I hope you do really well. I wish you all the best of luck.

samb
27-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Wow I'd love to hear more about how you progress and find everything. I'm writing a dissertation at the moment about using a sensory environment to help with inclusion in childminding settings.

k1rstie
27-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Probably near me too!!!
As you are renting a house, and no one will live in it (I assume ), will you still be known as 'childminders'?

tammys-tots
24-02-2016, 03:32 PM
great i would love to do that :) give children the best start in life

Jessymax
24-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Sounds fabulous, well done you. There is nothing like that near where I live infact not much SEN friendly groups etc at all which is sad! I don't know whether this applies to you but I have recently set up and received a £500 grant to set up which was great!!

samb
20-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Hi I have sent the OP a private message - not sure if you'll see it but I'm interested to know how you're getting on?