PDA

View Full Version : Ratios help

mumofone
24-01-2016, 04:41 PM
A few days a week I look after my own toddler, a mindee toddler and a pre schooler and then an after schooler.

I've been approached to look after on the same days another toddler and another after schooler (turning 5 in June).

Am I right in thinking I can take on the after schooler right away (as a rising 5????) but need to wait until my current pre schooler mindee starts school in order to take the new toddler on??

Thank you :-) x

blue bear
24-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Yes you are right 3 not in school and one full time schoolie until September when one of your under fives enters full time school (five days a week 9-3) then you will have 3 under five and two full time schoolies.

mumofone
06-02-2016, 12:24 PM
Yes you are right 3 not in school and one full time schoolie until September when one of your under fives enters full time school (five days a week 9-3) then you will have 3 under five and two full time schoolies.

Can I have the extra schoolie whilst they are still 4 in the school holidays prior to them turning 5?

moggy
06-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Can I have the extra schoolie whilst they are still 4 in the school holidays prior to them turning 5?

My interpretation is that a 4-yr old is not counted out of your 3-EYFS children until they are doing 'a normal school day' so I understand that as full-time education mornings and afternoons 5 days a week at school, so that would be from some time in September 2016.
But with all that 'and/or' in the EYFS Paragraph 3.42 it could be read otherwise...

mumofone
06-02-2016, 02:28 PM
My interpretation is that a 4-yr old is not counted out of your 3-EYFS children until they are doing 'a normal school day' so I understand that as full-time education mornings and afternoons 5 days a week at school, so that would be from some time in September 2016. But with all that 'and/or' in the EYFS Paragraph 3.42 it could be read otherwise...

Yep they will be doing a full school day but in the easter holidays they won't have yet turned 5 so I wondered whether I can still have them as I already have 3 under 5.

moggy
06-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Yep they will be doing a full school day but in the easter holidays they won't have yet turned 5 so I wondered whether I can still have them as I already have 3 under 5.

Whether they have had their 5th birthday is irrelevant- it says in EYFS paragraph 3.42 about those 'age four and five' in full time school. It is the fact that they are age 4 or 5 AND they are in full time school that makes them out of the 3-EYFS numbers.

mumofone
06-02-2016, 02:55 PM
Whether they have had their 5th birthday is irrelevant- it says in EYFS paragraph 3.42 about those 'age four and five' in full time school. It is the fact that they are age 4 or 5 AND they are in full time school that makes them out of the 3-EYFS numbers.

Yep I get that, and that applies even in their school hols I assume?

moggy
06-02-2016, 03:57 PM
Yep I get that, and that applies even in their school hols I assume?

it's there in EYFS paragraph 3.42!

mumofone
06-02-2016, 07:12 PM
it's there in EYFS paragraph 3.42!

Thank you, actually read it now 😳