PDA

View Full Version : lovely parents stories???

Blackhorse
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
there seem to be a few parents out there that make childminders miserable..and I read a few posts on here that had me speechless! (and that is not an easy task to begin with :D )

So I thought, there must surely be realy lovely ones too!!

Does anyone have any tales of every childminders' dream parents?? (of mindees that is)

LittleAcorns
07-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I have a wonderful set of parents

They always pay on time in advance, no quibble, even add the extra money they owe me when I forget

Come and collect their son if hes ill, without hesitation

Have been really understanding if ever Im off ill

Bought me flowers for being an ace childminder lol :laughing:

Bring me resources, ie print outs or things they've seen that they thought the kids would like

Buy me and my kids birthday/christmas presents

Wrote a fab testimony (ofsted where very impressed)

Always have their sons daily diary and write in it!!

Are very helpful and willing and come find me if Im running late

Are willing to pick their son up from playschool and drop to me as they understand its hard fo me to do too many school runs (unlike some of my parents!)

They are just lovely people and make the job worth doing xx

sarah707
07-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I have a lovely set of parents!

They are supportive and considerate...

I have an ex-family emigrated to France and my dd went to stay a couple of years ago for a week...

Another ex-family are in near Brighton and we have an open invite to visit.

Yes there are some good ones out there! :D

flora
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I have a wonderful set of parents

They always pay on time in advance, no quibble, even add the extra money they owe me when I forget

Have been really understanding if ever Im off ill

Buy me and my kids birthday/christmas presents

Wrote a fab testimony (ofsted where very impressed)

Are very helpful if Im running late

They are just lovely people and make the job worth doing xx

Ditto, have just edited to make it relevant to me :D

Lou
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I also have a lovely set of parents.

I have a brilliant relationship with mum, and she thinks of me as a friend, its hard to explain but i have kind of kept her a little at arms length as i didnt want to mix business and pleasure. Unfortunatly child is leaving at the end of August to go to school so after that i will be happy to be a proper friend iyswim!!!

They always pay early, sometimes if i havent done an invoice yet, she works it out herself and its always right, when she paid her last bill she put extra in with it as she is leaving.

She always buys me and the children xmas and birthday presents and a few times i have had flowers delivered to say thankoufor different things.

I live in a small village where everyone knows everyone and she is always telling people how great i am.

A few weeks ago i was in local pub and had had a few drinks!! and they both came in and i thought oops better pull myself together but they both said how nice it was that i was "normal" and i fully deserve to let my hair down!!!

Last week i was in pub (again lol) and this time they seemed to be quite drunk, and they both spent ages telling me how much i mean to "L" and how much she will miss coming and how grateful they are to me etc, they left just after that but not before buying me and ALL my friends drinks!!!

Anyway there are some lovely parents and i really will miss these ones, im quite fortunate that most of mine are ok at the moment, just odd niggles but having said that, i have had some flipping awful ones in the past!!!

Pudding Girl
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
My parents are all fabby!

One set takes me swimming with them, bring me toys and clothes and dressing up stuff, and the other one brings me cakes when she finishes work :)

I'm really lucky!

mimo
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
i have one particular family who are amazing and make the job worth doing.The children are lovely a set of twins and a 3 year old .I only have thje 3 year old on emergancy cover as i doi not tend to look after pre school age children the one of the twins has a disability as does my daughter .They have been such a support over the 2 years i have minded them the husband even accompnied me to a neurologist appoitment for my daughter when her dad was not able to go .Shes always buying flowers or chocolates and paying me more than i invoice her for when i have the children for a extra session. They are the family that make childminding worth doing.:clapping:

Fairydust
07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Last year my daughter was staying with her grandparents for the weekend. During the saturday evening the snow started to fall and by the Sunday it was very deep! Knowing that my daughter was away one of my mindee parents phoned me and said they would use their 4x4 to pick her up as they knew my little car wouldnt make it! How lovely was that? We have a fab relationship!

crazybones
07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
My lovely parents emigrated a couple of weeks ago to New Zealand. :( The last time they picked him up was terrible. I was crying, Mum was crying, Dad was crying. All little A could do was run around asking where Daddy's car was (they had sold it that day). They brought me wine on a Friday and when they left the gave me a double weeks worth of money, flowers and more wine. Mum said the only reservation she had about emigrating was taking A away from me. :blush: She promised to email me once they are settled so that William and A can keep in touch. They are both only 2 1/2 but were each others first little friends.

ajs
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM
all of my current families are absolutely brilliant
of course there's the one who let me her birthing partner, she tells everyone now that she and i have a special bond not just me and her kids
i reply well there aren't many who've seen their parent's like i have :eek: they also had an indian meal delivered to us from london (dad's cousins restaurant and they were up visiting the baby) which was delicious

then this message was emailed to me yesterday from e's mum

as a little thank you for the wonderful work that you and your kids do and all the effort and love YOU put into looking after E we thought as a summer treat you might want to take the Stone family (Alix, Charlotte even Sam?!) and E to see Kung Fu Panda and we’ll foot the bill. We’ll give you some spends for drinks & snacks and book your tickets for you. (Shows are on at 14:00 every day) and all you have to do is show up and have a nice fun afternoon!

she arrived today with some money for our trip to york, in the bundle was £50as the spending money for today and the treat money for the cinema next week

another one of my mum's used to give me the buy one get one free on nice shampoos or soaps
she always bought me vogue or tatler as she knew i would never buy it for myself

i consider myself to be extremely lucky. and it really does make the job so much easier if you feel appreciated

Nicki L
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I only mind for two families but the parents are brilliant.

One of them i worked with before she had her LO and i now mind her son while she is a work in the morning and then i drop him to her as i am going to work in exactly the same place!!..

She comes and picks me up if its raining as i dont drive and is very understanding if i am ill and unable to have her son.

They buy me presents for birthdays and christmas, she even asks for my advice if she needs it about her son!!

tomthumb
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
J have only been miding since march and I have 2 families but both are brilliant. They always pay in advance, never complain, always on time, are fine if I need time off or if lo is ill. They pick their children up wherever we are. When my baby was in hospital, they offered to have the oldest and take her to school for us, which was lovely.
When they pick up their children, they take my oldest with them if they are going somewhere fun. They also tell me that their children are really happy and that makes them happy.
I don't know about the 'bad' parents yet and from some of your posts, I hope I never find out as it is so nice to be 'working' like that!

Elodie X

ChocolateChip
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
I only started in Feb, but so far they are all great, I had a plant and a card with a lovely message from one who has finished for the hols (back in Sept), and another mum gave me flowers aswell as all the teachers, even though he is staying through the hols! She gives my kids little presents for their birthdays, and will often ask my son over as one of her older boys is in his class.
Have read some of the horror stories in here, so am feeling lucky so far!

buildingblocks
07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Have to admit these things are like swings and roundabouts

If you had asked me about three months ago I had parents from hell apart from a couple. Now all my parents are fairly decent.

One new set are wondeful and they are people I feel I could genuinely be friends with but it is a big help that she is an ex childminder so knows what it is like to be a childminder.