PDA

View Full Version : email from the council this morning

JCrakers
20-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Recieved an email from the council this morning about FEEE.

Apparently theyve been working so hard in the past to amend settings headcount forms that now they arent going to do it anymore. So if i make an error on my FEEE form, then i dont get paid for the term or half term. I dont think ive made an error yet but theres always a first, there are quite a few rules to follow when filling it in.

Its due to the governments decrease in levels of funding. So now, they are saying its unsustainable for them to spend time amending data. Any errors made will mean there is no one available to put the errors right...meaning we may not get paid.

I dont know how much they get from the government but i get £3.63ph which is 12p and hour less. If i make a mistake on their online system and it leads to no payment i'm going to be seriuosly annoyed.

Simona
20-01-2016, 12:12 PM
It maybe useful to go over the DfE Guidance to LAs for Education and Childcare....still current....see if you can find a way to challenge their email

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-education-and-childcare--2

there are requirements for LAs to provide exact figures to the DfE in order to be funded for children entered in the census as per Childcare Act and Families and Children Act etc etc.

Threatening providers with no payment if they fill the form incorrectly is frankly beyond belief...maybe they could look into why the forms are filled incorrectly and reflect on changes...like we all do?
all the threats will achieve is more providers refusing to fund the 15 hours.
What kind of 'working in partnership' is that?

LAs are allowed to cream off to cover their costs of administering the funding including collecting data.

Good luck and keep us posted.

hectors house
20-01-2016, 02:45 PM
I don't do a "head count" as such - in Somerset we do an estimate form and get paid 80% of this in advance, then we fill in an actual form, then an adjustment form and then they pay you whatever you are owed - it may be the remaining 20% or it could be more or less depending on whether new children started or existing children left.

sarah707
20-01-2016, 06:54 PM
I get it wrong or it doesn't work every term! They have changed forms and it's still as hard :panic:

I'd be scuppered if they changed to those rules!! :(

Hugs xx

BallyH
20-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Gosh this seems very harse. So what is their 'cream' off the top for? Lets hope other LA's don't follow suit. Best of luck.

Ripeberry
20-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Everyone should not even bother with them! The parents can then bother the council and give them a hard time.