PDA

View Full Version : need advice re invoice

tomthumb
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
HI all,

This week my lo had conjunctivitis. I checked and I could still have mindees. Last time she had conjunctivitis, all my mindees came but one of them caught it as it is so contagious. Anyway, this time, mum didn't want to bring lo as she is getting married on saturday so did not want to risk it which is totally understandable. Since then, I have been wondering:
do I charge mum full price or half price? I am tempted to charge her maybe half price for first day and then full price as after all it was her decision not to bring her in. Do you think it is tough? I could do with some advice as to what you would do in that situation.
Thanks for any input. (By the way, I am away next week so it makes me feel bad that she missed 2 weeks iyswim)

Elodie X

Wiggly
07-08-2008, 01:14 PM
If your child has been on medication for over 24hrs I would be inclined to charge full as mother's choice not to bring child and you are still offering a service.

I may be wrong here - see what the more experienced minders on here reckon.

Wiggly
x

Blackhorse
07-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I have no experience, but Wiggly's advise sounds ok to me.

what does it state in your contract for cases like that? do you cover these scenarios? you don't want the mum to turn around with your docs and argue against the charge....

Mrs.L.C
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
As you were willing to work but the parent chose not to bring her child id stick with what the contract says...so if yours is like mine and the child does not come/ill/holiday, charge full fee

tomthumb
07-08-2008, 01:58 PM
My contract does say full fee but it just feels a bit tough as they are just getting married etc...
It is always difficult isn't it? And then, I don't want to do her a favour this time and then she'll expect it all the time won't she?

I have a good week to think about it!!

Elodie XX

Alibali
07-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Full fee! Why should you be out of pocket every time a lo is unwell? Oh we must remain firm or they start to take advantage!:)

butterfly
07-08-2008, 09:52 PM
definately full fee! You're still offering the service after checking it is ok to do so. it is her choice not to be her child. if you cave this once you'll be setting a precedence for the future! she probably doesn't even expect you to charge less so charge full fee and be prepared to argue it should the need arise.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-08-2008, 10:52 PM
If it was her child who had conjunctivitus would you have her back after 1 day or would you want it completely gone?

I would look at my contract and take advice from the doctor.

Sorry to sound negative but I think mum may have a point not wanting to pay.

Debbie

Pedagog
08-08-2008, 07:10 AM
If it was her child who had conjunctivitus would you have her back after 1 day or would you want it completely gone?

I would look at my contract and take advice from the doctor.

Sorry to sound negative but I think mum may have a point not wanting to pay.

Debbie

I'm inclined to agree, my daughter was not allowed in school for a week when she has conjunctivitis.

I wouldn't want to knowing expose my child to conjunctivitis especially days before a wedding.

christine e
08-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Was the child with conjunctivitus your own child? If so, then I would definately not charge. If it was a minded child then they should be excluded until it cleared and charged full fee.

Cx

Mrs.L.C
08-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Im sure children can go back into a setting once treatment has started. as long as the other children dont touch the childs eye thats got the infection and you dont use the same face cloths etc (which you wouldnt anyway) and you wash you hands after cleaning the area/giving treatment, then no1 else should get it

Paula J
08-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I would also charge in full if the place is there and a parent chooses not to use it it is upto them. I understand her reasons for not sending the child but that isnt your fault. What have you agreed in your contract with mum? I tend to put ZERO fee if I am ill or need to close and in full if a parent misses a session. Paula:)

Pudding Girl
08-08-2008, 09:11 AM
On the sickness exclusion table it states conjunctivitis is 24 hours after treatment started, so if it were me I would not charge the first day because of that, as my policy is not to chagre for my own sickness ( which your own child's comes into that too)
but charge normally for the other days as yes it was her own choice to not send.
Wehter she is getting married this weekend or not is immaterial imo