PDA

View Full Version : Losing toys under sofa

mumofone
19-01-2016, 08:45 AM
Does anyone have a good method for stopping this happening?! :-)

greenfaerie
19-01-2016, 10:03 AM
Haha, I wish I had a forcefield, but no. Every single lost toy winds up under there (and under the TV cabinet) I just find them when I do the hoovering. :) I might have to put a bar across under the TV stand though, as any small balls roll in that direction without fail!! O_o

FloraDora
19-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Unwittingly, we put the jigsaw we had for Christmas on a piece of wooden board under the sofa to finish. It is now playing a great role of stopping things from going too far under - it's a couple of cm's deep and is acting as a bit of a barrier - even when we have completed the jigsaw I might keep the wooden board there now!

loocyloo
19-01-2016, 10:43 AM
I don't have a sofa :-D

BallyH
19-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Ive got a long low tv stand from Ikea that they use a low table for crafts etc. I use to find lots under it until I got a big piece of mdf and one rainy afternoon the mindees helped me make a wooden railway track pattern and we stuck it on. This slids in and out easily and stops anything else getting trapped. Just like to add we still have 100s of wooden track left for imaginery play.

shazsull
19-01-2016, 11:26 AM
have to laugh at this looking for hubbys glove this morning and unearthed what looked like the stock of argos!! and a few xmas sweets (im sure ive cleaned it since then)

mumofone
19-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone, some kind of board or MDF under the sofa it is then!!! Thank you for all your replies!! Glad it's not just me that has a whole load of toys under the sofa!! :-) x

Mouse
19-01-2016, 02:18 PM
One of our favourite activities here is "I'll lift the front of the sofa. You lot crawl underneath and grab whatever I can before I drop it on you!"

AliceK
19-01-2016, 02:27 PM
One of our favourite activities here is "I'll lift the front of the sofa. You lot crawl underneath and grab whatever I can before I drop it on you!"

lol. I do that but I send the dog under rather than the children as it's usually his toys that end up under there.

xxx

BallyH
19-01-2016, 02:32 PM

I love it. I think Bunyip would appreciate this activity.

kellib
19-01-2016, 02:38 PM

Haha that happens here too, the kids also love getting my big sweeping brush and seeing what treasures they can pull out from under the couch with it!

halor
19-01-2016, 09:05 PM
My other half fitted wood to the bottoms of our sofa and they work a charm. Luckily, the gaping horrendously huge so you can't see the wood unless your on the floor looking for it :-)

bunyip
20-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Does anyone have a good method for stopping this happening?! :-)

Sit on the floor.

Also handy when drunk, as you can't fall off. :thumbsup:

bunyip
20-01-2016, 07:11 PM

May we see you risk assessment? ;)

bunyip
20-01-2016, 07:13 PM
I love it. I think Bunyip would appreciate this activity.

I'd be more inclined to check behind the cushions for lost money and take the mindees to the pub with the proceeds. :cool: