PDA

View Full Version : SEND changes?

Jelly Baby
18-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Morning,
I read last night we have to update our SEND policys..im not sure to what?! Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Simona
18-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Morning,
I read last night we have to update our SEND policys..im not sure to what?! Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Start by going to your LA's website
There you will find the 'Local Offer' which will explain how your LA offers help to those children and families with SEND
You may also find helpful suggestion on how to update your SEND policy and possibly training courses to help you as well

Good luck!

Jelly Baby
18-01-2016, 02:11 PM
Thanks simona. Ive printed out a poster that has information on, does this go on our notice boards or files..or both?!

Cant see what we as childminders put? Is it the same as the council, making it avaialable for people with SEN to be able to have support etc? Anyone help please?

Simona
18-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Thanks simona. Ive printed out a poster that has information on, does this go on our notice boards or files..or both?!

Cant see what we as childminders put? Is it the same as the council, making it avaialable for people with SEN to be able to have support etc? Anyone help please?

Can that poster help you with updating your SEND policy? do keep in your EYFS portfolio
what would you do if a child had SEND...how would you work with parents to get the 'Local Offer' and get a EH Plan for a particular child
SEND also includes certain medical conditions that are covered by this new govt policy...anything that may prevent or put barriers in a child's learning.

Also every LA has an officer dedicated to SEND...are you able to call and get support in what you need to have in your file? I believe they have to provide this to everyone.

Good luck!

moggy
18-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Our LA had a SEND Local Offer template for us to fill in, it was not difficult- just saying to a potential parent how you would support them and their child. It is not about making changes, just about how you would approach a family if they enquired or if a child who was in your care developed SEND needs. Definitely ask your LA.