PDA

View Full Version : CCTV

mumofone
17-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Does anyone use any form of cctv as a security measure particularly outside for external security? I've seen some very good providers use it but I'm just thinking if by the time your monitoring cctv footage etc then a problem has already arisen that shouldn't have if that makes sense?! In other words I'm not sure it would ever really serve much point, wondered what people's thoughts are on this? Thanks!

redtiger21
18-01-2016, 07:35 AM
The level of home security you use is up to you- cctv will look very impressive in your safeguarding and risk assessments, but nobody would actually expect a home-from-home setting to have it, so it's fine not to imo. Go with what you feel safest with as a practitioner x

SYLVIA
18-01-2016, 03:39 PM
We have installed CCTV recently as there have been a number of break ins nearby and my partner found his van had had all the trim pulled off the window one night where somebody had tried to break in it. But we didnt install it for childminding purposes at all.

mumofone
18-01-2016, 03:55 PM
We have installed CCTV recently as there have been a number of break ins nearby and my partner found his van had had all the trim pulled off the window one night where somebody had tried to break in it. But we didnt install it for childminding purposes at all.
Thanks Sylvia, oh yes I think I remember you saying?

Will you use it for childminding as a by product of that happening do you think?

clareelizabeth1
18-01-2016, 06:56 PM
I have it due to being on a farm and having outbuildings that people like to take an interest in the content of. It monitors everyone coming on and off the land. I dont use it for minding although sometimes i put it on if i am going in the back garden and a parent is due so i know to come in and answer the door but it is really a deterrent and not of much use.

SYLVIA
19-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Thanks Sylvia, oh yes I think I remember you saying?

Will you use it for childminding as a by product of that happening do you think?

I suppose I cld as we have text alerts if something/someone comes on to the drive. To be honest. It's just another deterrent much the same as a house alarm. If it helps you feel safe then install it is the way I think. Personally I'm not the sort of person that worries about security too much but my partner is the complete opposite