PDA

View Full Version : Notice given

redtiger21
17-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Well this weekend I gave notice to all of my lovely families, I will be embarking soon on my new career as a TA in a nursery class!
I wanted to say thank you all for the fantastic advice and support you've provided, and I wish you all the best for your future childminding xx

k1rstie
17-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Well this weekend I gave notice to all of my lovely families, I will be embarking soon on my new career as a TA in a nursery class! I wanted to say thank you all for the fantastic advice and support you've provided, and I wish you all the best for your future childminding xx

Congratulations on your new path. Are you going to close your registration or keep it running for a while longer just in case?

redtiger21
17-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Congratulations on your new path. Are you going to close your registration or keep it running for a while longer just in case?

I'm going to end my registration, my family has reached a stage where they need their home back :)

mumofone
17-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Thanks :) I'm going to end my registration, my family has reached a stage where they need their home back :)

How long have you been childminding redtiger?
A shame so many seem to be leaving childminding :-(

redtiger21
17-01-2016, 08:37 PM
How long have you been childminding redtiger?
A shame so many seem to be leaving childminding :-(

I've been minding for just over 2 years, and it's definitely time to move on. I think it's great for those who enjoy it long-term, each to their own

ziggy
17-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Good luck, it is lovely having a home rather than a work place, enjoy xxx

redtiger21
18-01-2016, 07:32 AM
Good luck, it is lovely having a home rather than a work place, enjoy xxx

Thanks Ziggy, it doesn't actually seem real yet, I keep panicking that the school are going to change their minds!! No going back for me now though! :)

ziggy
18-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Thanks Ziggy, it doesn't actually seem real yet, I keep panicking that the school are going to change their minds!! No going back for me now though! :)

I went back into nursery work last May, hated first job but started at another nursery nearer home in November. Had my first review today and they are really pleased. I only work 3 days and earn more than I did working full time as a childminder. I do miss the freedom of childminding but am glad i made the change

redtiger21
18-01-2016, 10:36 PM
I went back into nursery work last May, hated first job but started at another nursery nearer home in November. Had my first review today and they are really pleased. I only work 3 days and earn more than I did working full time as a childminder. I do miss the freedom of childminding but am glad i made the change

Glad it's working well for you :) My new position will be a little bit of a step down financially, but that's fine, I just need a bit of time with less pressure all on my shoulders alone, I need to be employed again and part of a team again!