PDA

View Full Version : Moving in with parents

Louise_Oaktree
16-01-2016, 05:44 PM
We've sold our house but the house we are buying isn't available yet.
We are considering moving in with my parents but obviously this will impact on my Childminding business.
I can continue minding from my parents house but what do I need to do with regards to Ofsted? Obviously my parents aren't crb cleared how do I go about it?

blue bear
16-01-2016, 06:04 PM
You will have to tell ofsted of your change of address and write relevant risk assessments. As your parents are living in a house where childminding will be taking place you will need to do DBS checks

Louise_Oaktree
16-01-2016, 07:29 PM
You will have to tell ofsted of your change of address and write relevant risk assessments. As your parents are living in a house where childminding will be taking place you will need to do DBS checks

Do Ofsted still do these or do I need to do it independently?

blue bear
16-01-2016, 08:14 PM
You need to do with ge dbs yourself think through ofsted site, I've not had the pleasure yet

Louise_Oaktree
18-01-2016, 09:41 AM
Just thought I would update in case anyone is reading this in the future and has the same questions, I've just spoken to Ofsted who have confirmed I can move in straight away as long as I notify them by telephone and complete DBS and EY2 forms for my parents. I was worried I might have to stop minding whilst we wait for the forms to come back but that is not the case :thumbsup: