PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE SEEN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING???

sarah32
07-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Im organsing a olympic theme day next week at tots, ive planned hats and making flag but want to also do a games day.

So im looking for
been bags
hoops
balls etc, sports stuff

Face paints

medals, cheap ones as prizes

wondering if anyone had seen any of the above in shops, if off out this afternoon and probably weekend so if anyone knows where i could find them would be great. cheap as possible as well.

Also ideas on easy games for little one would be great, got a few but struggling on basic games that all ages can do.

katickles
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Medals - do you have a works near to you? They have packs of 10's i think the idea is for childrens party games, bag fillers etc but there probably just what your after.

Hoops - guessing hula hoops, tesco's have them in still really cheap, as do they have a fair bit of game equipment.

Games - we played with any kind of bal, bean bag etc & had to throw into the hoops at different lenghts (hope that makes sence?)

You could do skittles with the little ones, and maybe like a throwing game, marking who manages to throw the furthest???

I'll keep thinking but i'm sure others will have tonns of fab ideas

x

mimo
07-08-2008, 11:37 AM
im sure asda do plastic medals on ribbon in there party section they also do quite a few things like bean bags ect. Any games you play you can adapt for all ages if its a race type game older ones have to do it twice throwing games little ones start closer . Hopping and jumping races are always fun. The old egg and spoon race/ball on a bat race are fun .get them to race with a bean bag on their head .if you have bean bags anh hoops who can trow the bean bag into the hoop .have a great and good luck with your shopping

sarah32
07-08-2008, 11:52 AM
the kids came up with some games today at tots

hoola
balls ina bucket
obstacle race
push buggy and then put doll in it and run back
collect colour balls from ball pool
tractor race
bowls

im off to works this afternoon hopefully for medals then and probably tesco tonight hopfully for bean bags and hoops

egg and spoon is one i didnt think off
any other ideas would be great

bit worried how to do awards so everyone gets one, i'll have to split the age groups i think or the older ones are going to win everything.

tomthumb
07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Tesco does a great sports pack with sacks, bean bags, hoops all for £5 I think. Wilinsons does the medals as well in their party favours things.

Good luck and have fun

Elodie X

teacake2
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi sparklebox also have some medals/awards to download, you can then print them off and laminate them.
Teacake2

FizzysFriends
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Wilkos are really cheap for the medals.

Balls- Woolworths have them in their sale

sarah32
07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
bit disppaointed with what i got today, went onto works and a birthday shop and they had some lovely medals but would of worked out very expensive with the amount i needed so no luck there yet. I have looked at the ones on sparkebox, may go with that and put ribbon through them.

Went into woolworths, nothing in there.

Tried all the bargain shops. nothing.

Got a couple of gold pens i was looking for in works for writing on our chinese hats and face painting set in home bargains.

A friend of mine went to tesco;s and said she could see any sports stuff, we have another one so will try that tomorrow.

Wilkinsons was rubbish in town, will try our other one.

I spose there's toys r us but im a budget.

cloud9
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
bit disppaointed with what i got today, went onto works and a birthday shop and they had some lovely medals but would of worked out very expensive with the amount i needed so no luck there yet. I have looked at the ones on sparkebox, may go with that and put ribbon through them.

Went into woolworths, nothing in there.

Tried all the bargain shops. nothing.

Got a couple of gold pens i was looking for in works for writing on our chinese hats and face painting set in home bargains.

A friend of mine went to tesco;s and said she could see any sports stuff, we have another one so will try that tomorrow.

Wilkinsons was rubbish in town, will try our other one.

I spose there's toys r us but im a budget.

Could you not get the children to make the medals as a fun activity!!

Amaranth
07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Activity village have a really good olympic section. Loads of craft and games ideas http://www.activityvillage.co.uk

Also, when I was in Netto at the weekend they had some of the sports day kits with bean bags, sacks & egg and spoon race in. Don't know how much they were but I'm sure they won't have been much.

You could also try asking your local post office or sorting office if they have any spare mail sacks that they could donate to your group so you could cut them down (or roll them over) to use them for sack race.

butterfly
07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
elc have beanbags but they're £3 for 4

Chatterbox Childcare
07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
I got together with 8 other childminders and 47 chilldren and we did a mini olympic games.

At home we each chose 2 countries and made a large flag and 4 small flags which we split up. Some where hung from a tree and others were threaded together to make a banner. The balance the children used when on their opening and closing ceremonies.

We lined the children up in age order and the oldest were captains and helped the little ones. The games were run in 3 sections, toddlers, >3 and < 5 and >5.

I have a list of all games if you want them and a certificate of participation that just requires names putting on and laminating. The games were all easily made. Two we got from the NCMA lastest mag Who Minds - balloons between the legs, and hammer throwing made from newspaper inside a bag with string on the end. The obstacle race came from the role play box.

The children made their own badge as a participation medal rather than winning. I also did 1st - 5th labels for each event, so they all got an award or two during the day.

It was a fantastic day.

Debbie :clapping: :clapping:

EllieF
08-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Debbie that sounds fantastic!
Seeing a couple of other childminders today and will suggest it
Would love the list of games and certificate
"I have a list of all games if you want them and a certificate of participation that just requires names putting on and laminating."
Ellie

sarah32
08-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Update

Went out this morning with children to go to our other wilkinson and we found a pack of medals for £2.75 for about 20, bargain.

Still didnt manage to find any sports stuff, tesco have sold out.:mad:

mrsbumbles
08-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I have the tesco sport pack if you would like to borrow it sarah :thumbsup:

sarah32
08-08-2008, 05:06 PM
that would be great donna, whens a good time?

Monkey1
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
We have been doing childminder olympics for the last couple of years (i know its ment to be every 4!) We make our own "team Monkey" banners/ flags . we split the certificates/medals/prizes etc between us. I also wrote to a few local attractions and some of them were kind enough to send free tickets as prizes!