PDA

View Full Version : does anyone..

Jessymax
15-01-2016, 09:13 AM
does anyone do long term planning im 99% certain that was something my inspector said not to bother with ? cnt remember what she said about weekly :(

moggy
15-01-2016, 09:16 AM
does anyone do long term planning im 99% certain that was something my inspector said not to bother with ? cnt remember what she said about weekly :(

No formal planning is needed at all. You can choose to plan as you like, or list a few ideas for the next week/month/year... as long as you know your children and are providing experiences to further their learning based on what they enjoy and what they need to work on (next steps).
I do not plan beyond 'Toddler Group on Monday, Out to the woods on Tuesday...' and even that can change in an instant. I have a termly sheet of next steps for each child, an idea of big things in the year (celebrations, birthdays, seasons) and that is it.

Jessymax
15-01-2016, 09:22 AM
that is just what I wanted to hear! thankyou x

Maza
15-01-2016, 09:23 AM
My 'long term' planning is a bit like a calendar. One sheet of A4 with the months down one side and any notes for that month next to it. The notes would just be things like 'Annie's birthday', 'Playgroup trip to seaside', 'Shrove Tuesday', 'Chinese New Year'. Some months have nothing next to them at all. If it isn't useful to you or the children then you don't need to do it.

Simona
15-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Planning as in 'outcomes'?..or activities planning such as Maza has mentioned? ...those can link to UTW in regards to festivals or nature etc.

The EYFS says planning has to relate to each child's own interests...so any planned activity can be adapted to individual needs.

loocyloo
15-01-2016, 12:13 PM
My 'long term' planning is a bit like a calendar. One sheet of A4 with the months down one side and any notes for that month next to it. The notes would just be things like 'Annie's birthday', 'Playgroup trip to seaside', 'Shrove Tuesday', 'Chinese New Year'. Some months have nothing next to them at all. If it isn't useful to you or the children then you don't need to do it.

That's pretty much my long term planning! Plus whichever book I think might fit in for that month .. always subject to change!