PDA

View Full Version : Children staying in nurseries overnight

mumofone
14-01-2016, 03:20 PM
Did anyone catch this story about parents using nurseries overnight and evenings now?

k1rstie
14-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Did anyone catch this story about parents using nurseries overnight and evenings now?

It's funny, i was asked by a local minder to help out by doing overnight this Saturday and Sunday.

Maza
14-01-2016, 04:26 PM
I did. The headline annoyed me because it made out that children were staying there 24 hours a day, and of course they are not, it is different children who use it at night time to in the day time. Needs must, I guess, and people don't have the extended family on the doorstep these days. I wonder if the nursery staff sleep or stay awake?

I wouldn't like my child being there all night, but I wouldn't like the idea of her being there in the daytime either. No offence to all the wonderful nursery workers out there who do a fabulous job and are seriously underpaid.

FussyElmo
14-01-2016, 05:22 PM
I did. The headline annoyed me because it made out that children were staying there 24 hours a day, and of course they are not, it is different children who use it at night time to in the day time. Needs must, I guess, and people don't have the extended family on the doorstep these days. I wonder if the nursery staff sleep or stay awake?

I wouldn't like my child being there all night, but I wouldn't like the idea of her being there in the daytime either. No offence to all the wonderful nursery workers out there who do a fabulous job and are seriously underpaid.

Totally agree they are offering a service to parents who need it exactly the same as cms who provide overnight care

natlou82
14-01-2016, 09:11 PM
I only vaguely saw the headline that was clearly worded to shock. There are many jobs which parents may require overnight care and I feel for parents who must find it incredibly difficult to find this care. I would prefer my child to sleep in a more homely environment but that's not always possible so it's fulfilling a need.

Simona
14-01-2016, 09:56 PM
Yes...nurseries are covering this area of care for parents who work different hours....not surprised as many cms do not offer overnight care anymore....so someone else is filling that gap for flexible childcare

Without a link is hard to judge what the article says but it is not new news...childcare will have to cater for all needs and 24/7 parental needs
The shape of things to come unfortunately!