PDA

View Full Version : Child Ratio Help

kirstywrey
14-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Hello
I'm just coming to the end of my HBCA course that I've done via pacey.

I need some help as I'm slightly confused I have a 4 year old son who will be going to school full time in sept and will be coming up to 5. And I have a 14 month old boy.

When my son is at school am I right in thinking I can look after 2 under 5s or 1 under 5 and 1 under 12 months??

I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm trying to think about age of children I would look after once I am completed I won't be up and running as a childminder until late summer.

Thanks Kirsty 😀

Jessymax
14-01-2016, 09:30 AM
im probably not the best person to reply to u as im also abit confused with ratios but I thought that until your child is 5 and in full time school every day they are classed as one of your numbers? x im sure someone will come along soon and clarify xx

Mouse
14-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Hi Kirsty.

Your son will count as an over 5 once he is in full time school. That might not be straight away in September as some schools start the children on half days for a week or 2. Once he is attending school for 5 full days, he can count in your 'over 5s' age range.

Once he is in full time school you are right, you will be able to look after 2 young children (those who haven't yet started school). Of those 2, only 1 could be under a year old.

Simona
14-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Hello
I'm just coming to the end of my HBCA course that I've done via pacey.

I need some help as I'm slightly confused I have a 4 year old son who will be going to school full time in sept and will be coming up to 5. And I have a 14 month old boy.

When my son is at school am I right in thinking I can look after 2 under 5s or 1 under 5 and 1 under 12 months??

I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm trying to think about age of children I would look after once I am completed I won't be up and running as a childminder until late summer.

Thanks Kirsty ��

Yes ...your children will count in the overall ratio for cms of 6 under 8 which you are allowed to look after ...unless your registration certificate says otherwise.... that has been in place for a long time
3 under 5 and 3 over 5 until age 8
any 8 year olds are not calculated in your ratio

as you are training with pacey...they should cover EYFS and go through it with you so you understand all the requirements and ...as per EYFS...they should prepare you to be registered and understand the framework
I am sure your course is not free so make sure you get your answers

I hope they can answer your question ...but be reassured ...as ratios have caused a worry for cms since the EYFS 2012 has been updated.

Good luck

kirstywrey
14-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Thank you both very much i am just trying to work out a plan you have been very helpful. Things are very hard to get your head around lol. X